• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need to ride someplace before winter sets in

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Due to too much darn work this year I never did get a BDR in and am feeling sad. My workload will ease up by the first week in November, but where can I go that isn't too crazy far from TX. I was getting excited thinking of doing the lower parts of the NMBDR but it looks like even that could be a problem by the 2nd week of November.

Does anybody have some creative ideas for a late season ride, think I can take a full week off.

Yes, I wish I could do the MexTrex but I can't get any time off in October :(

AR/MO this time of year was always in my ride plan. Didn’t quit there, West TX/NM/AZ were always part of the ride plan until spring. 👍

I am going to do another Arkansas ride before the end of the year, but this is looking pretty good, too. EDRA A lot closer, too.

If you have a trailer and can slab to Carson National Forrest in North New Mexico it will be amazing this time of year. If you need to stay local to Texas give Devils River down by Del Rio a glance it has more than enough goat trails for the bikes listed in your signature.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I am hoping to figure something out soon. I rode with JT last Saturday we talked about AK, so who knows!

Getting excited about being able to get some time off work and ridding (anywhere)

I do have a trailer and my early thinking was to do some of the NMBDR, I just worried about snow in the higher elevations.

If you have a trailer and can slab to Carson National Forrest in North New Mexico it will be amazing this time of year. If you need to stay local to Texas give Devils River down by Del Rio a glance it has more than enough goat trails for the bikes listed in your signature.
Where can I find more info on riding the devils river area?

@DanielKLR650 I'd recommend camping here-> https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/devils-river. The road out there is called "Dolan Creek Road". It's about 20 miles of gravel, fist size rocks till you hit the State Property. Shooting off in every direction is county roads that are "quasi-maintained". In full transparency this was an interesting drive in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. So know this is not a "groomed forest" road. A lot of the state park land is foot traffic only, so no riding out there. But, if you like water the river is very clear. Also, I'd mention snakes, scorpions... neither are necessarily aggressive. But, they are prevalent.

@DanielKLR650 I'd recommend camping here-> https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/devils-river. The road out there is called "Dolan Creek Road". It's about 20 miles of gravel, fist size rocks till you hit the State Property. Shooting off in every direction is county roads that are "quasi-maintained". In full transparency this was an interesting drive in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. So know this is not a "groomed forest" road. A lot of the state park land is foot traffic only, so no riding out there. But, if you like water the river is very clear. Also, I'd mention snakes, scorpions... neither are necessarily aggressive. But, they are prevalent.
Thank you

I recently did a 5 day trip to AR and it was awesome! I rode the Talimena Scenic Drive, through Eureka Springs, Jasper, 123 from Mt Judea to Hagarsville, and also did the Pig Trail on my way back to Texas. I'd be happy to share route info. Most of it I planned using a Butler Map and advice from buddies.

Attachments

• 123 fog.jpg
    123 fog.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 41
I recently did a 5 day trip to AR and it was awesome! I rode the Talimena Scenic Drive, through Eureka Springs, Jasper, 123 from Mt Judea to Hagarsville, and also did the Pig Trail on my way back to Texas. I'd be happy to share route info. Most of it I planned using a Butler Map and advice from buddies.
There you go!

Back