• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm back, and in Elgin tx

Reaction score
I'm back after a several year hiatus. I feel like I must have fallen asleep under a tree for a long time. I originally joined in 2013 when we lived on the farm in Blue Tx. and I rode an ST 1300. The ST went to live with someone in Brownsville Tx. and we moved to the booming metropolis of Elgin. At the beginning of Covid, I found a BMW R1200rt on craigslist, made contact, got permission from the Mrs. and bought it. My son in law, who is German, told me I would love the boxer engine and I do. I am also now fully retired (teacher/principal) and have a small hobby lapidary business in my garage. Its good to be back and even better to be retired.

Welcome back I remember you. I had to look up the twenty dollar word. Sound's interesting. We go to the HEB in Elgin occasionally. Elgin / Manor is a busy place these days.

Welcome back.
lap·i·dar·y

ADJECTIVE
relating to stone and gems and the work involved in engraving, cutting, or polishing.

I had to look it up.:thumb:

Welcome back. I joined the boxer club in Dec. when I bought an RT. They do allow you to eat some miles in comfort. Your location will give you several options for RTE and Pie events. Congrats on retirement!

Hi John,
I’ve got a lot of kinfolk from Victoria, including my mother, grandfather and great grandfather
Welcome back. I joined the boxer club in Dec. when I bought an RT. They do allow you to eat some miles in comfort. Your location will give you several options for RTE and Pie events. Congrats on retirement!

Hi John,
I’ve got a lot of kinfolk from Victoria, including my mother, grandfather and great grandfather
The riding is not the best around Victoria. (That may be an understatement.) If you are ever down this way and want to ride a loop hit me up. There are a couple of 70 to 100 mile loops that are okay. Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Back