• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interest in AZ, NM, AR Riding?

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Any of you fellas interested in to getting a group together to ride outside of Texas? I just came back from a trip in NM, rode some really amazing trails in the Lincoln National Forest. I'm trying to make plans to get out of state several more times this year for riding.

love to do adv camp tours still on my GSA out there. Not into off road anymore. Well. honestly I still love it but my arthritic hands don't.

Any of you fellas interested in to getting a group together to ride outside of Texas? I just came back from a trip in NM, rode some really amazing trails in the Lincoln National Forest. I'm trying to make plans to get out of state several more times this year for riding.

I am very interested in doing a ride to NM and AZ and actually own land in Lincoln County. The Cloudcroft / Ruidoso area has some amazing places to ride. There is also the first part of the NMBDR that would be interesting to ride as well.

There will also be a fall ride, maybe TorC, Sipapu, etc...

If someone loans me a dual sport id join! My R1200GSA just isnt an offroader :-)

Last edited:
My answer is “YES” to out of state dirt bike trips.

If you're willing to go as far as Arizona, don't forget Utah. I just came back from there. It's dirt-bike/dual sport heaven.

25D85AC7-2D1C-4D0D-A2C5-7218735F2D90.jpeg

A41406FF-8F33-4A5D-8E3F-F1D72DC60287.jpeg

6BA586F9-DA77-45C2-8003-65FA438EAC46.jpeg

6434E7C9-DEBC-4B11-A2FD-0B187BC7E776.jpeg

Justin - I want to go to Utah and want to hear about your trip. Will you be in Cloudcroft for Smokey Bear?

Justin - I want to go to Utah and want to hear about your trip. Will you be in Cloudcroft for Smokey Bear?

I have a surgery on July 10 and then a three week recovery so I won’t be making it this time

I’m definitely interested in a trip like that when the heat dies down in the fall. That Cloudcroft ride looks like it’ll be great but my ktm isn’t street legal so I’m not going.

Making a decent 4 stroke dirt bike into a street legal dual sport is not hard. Ive done an xr650r and a ttr 225 in the past. It a little costly due to the dot tires required but the rest is simple. We had to have them plated to right just about anywhere in Co, and ut.

Making a decent 4 stroke dirt bike into a street legal dual sport is not hard. Ive done an xr650r and a ttr 225 in the past. It a little costly due to the dot tires required but the rest is simple. We had to have them plated to right just about anywhere in Co, and ut.
Used to own a plated xr600r myself but the process is tough and my 300xc is pretty much a full on 2 stroke mx bike so that would take a lot of effort and $.

Not sure you can 1) plate 2 strokes easily 2) do any plating without a title. 4 srokes easier for sure but still meed a title. My 2 xr600rs came with CO plates. I did the entire process on a wr450 in a week in CO 11 years ago. Pretty much the same as in tx from what folks discuss. But yeah, your 300 aint gonna be worth the hassles most likely.

I’m definitely interested in a trip like that when the heat dies down in the fall. That Cloudcroft ride looks like it’ll be great but my ktm isn’t street legal so I’m not going.
I have plated an XR400 and a YZ250X, both in Texas. It is a simple process. Reach out if you want more information.

Back