• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

iPhone Camera saver?

Reaction score
Before buying a quadlock with vibration dampener, curious if anyone had luck/experience with using rubber gasket around a standard mount to keep road vibration from ruining phone cameras?

I have been using the Peak Design's mount and phone case and so far have LOVED it. The case is way slimmer than the Quadlock cases and the dampers in the mount are great at isolating the phone. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but might give you another solution other than the Quadlock.

Can't answer your question, but I did recently add the damper to my quad-lock mount and it sure seems like it's good vibration protection compared without it.

Can't answer your question, but I did recently add the damper to my quad-lock mount and it sure seems like it's good vibration protection compared without it.
Heard lots of good things about them. didn't realize the phones were that touchy when I set up my bikes. I can replace both current ones, just curious if there was a way to adapt existing before throwing them out and going with new holders. Thanx for the feedback though, good to have real life experience talk and not just advetisements.

Here's my take. Do a quick google search. You'll find a LOT of folks who have used the damper mounts without issue. You will find a small group of folks that despite the damper, still ended up with a screwed up camera on their phone. Seems to be motorcycle and phone dependent, as to how many vibes are being produced and how many are tolerated. If the phones can still be damaged with a damper (like quad lock) then I wouldn't run a phone on a regular mount as those rubber bands are only there to hold them in place.

That said, I'm never ever running my primary phone on my handlebars ever again. Lost mine out of my RAM mount when my phone was two months old. That sucked. I don't trust any mount to hold, and keep my phone from being damaged or lost on my handlebars, they cost too much money. Not worth the risk. A Garmin is cheaper than my phone by a long shot. I could see a case for picking up a used older phone and using that, but not my primary.

Heard lots of good things about them. didn't realize the phones were that touchy when I set up my bikes. I can replace both current ones, just curious if there was a way to adapt existing before throwing them out and going with new holders. Thanx for the feedback though, good to have real life experience talk and not just advetisements.
You can buy the damper separately and it mounts to the existing quadlock mount. That's exactly what I did.

You can buy the damper separately and it mounts to the existing quadlock mount. That's exactly what I did.
Don't have the quad on either bike now. Mightcouldhaveta replace the whole thing(s). Never saw any issue with the Road King... only when I was riding the Fat Boy last year did I start having camera issues.

Back