• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Iron Pony Motorsports Group, Columbus, Oh.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Who:
Iron Pony Motorsports
5685 Emporium Square
Columbus, OH

LOCAL: 614-901-pony (7669)
TOLL FREE: 1-800-255-2961
TOLL FREE: 1-877-799-pony (7669)

What: I have not personally used this company. However, I did some asking around in some other online communities I frequent and got mostly positive feedback. They are a general motorcycle vendor carrying a wide selection of stuff for many different bikes. They have been around for a long time, early eighties from what I am told. As with most online ordering, be sure to ask about restocking fees, return policy, shipping fees, etc,... Here are a few of the responses I received after my inquiry:

Subject: Re: [ST] Anyone ever use these guys?

I have purchased 4 helmets and a Pingle wheel chock from them. They are great to deal with and customer service is 5 star. The web site says no returns on close out items and I received a helmet that was to small so I called and they allowed the return with no questions. I highly ecommend
them.

John Mathis
aka Florida Dawg

Subject: Re: [ST] Anyone ever use these guys?

They are a local store to me here in Columbus, Ohio. Nice to go browse,
lots of selection, but tire prices were way better at Chaparral (UPS
Ground) and SWMoto (Airborn-super fast shipping!)

Iron Pony wanted $138 for a BT-020 rear, where I think SWmoto was $107? I could repost that comparo again if you missed it.

It's a Columbus OH company and has been around for a number of years, since the late 80s at least. I haven't bought anything from them lately as I have another favorite shop here in Columbus. When I did deal with them, they did right by me. YMMV, etc.

Alan
Columbus OH

Another lister told me about ironpony.com about two weeks ago. Although I haven't had any personal experiences with them (yet), he was very pleased with his past dealings with them.

FWIW, they have a rainsuit that I want. Everybody else (online) wants the full MSRP for it ($89.95). IronPony.com is the ONLY place I found that had it listed at a lower "regular" price than MSRP (it's $80.96 on their site).

Bob Bielak
'98 VFR800FI - "HUAHH"

They've been around for quite a while. I've bought a few
things from them. I don't like their return policy, so I
don't shop there any more. (They charge a 15 or 20%
restocking fee, even if they tell you a part will work when
it really won't)

I've also had problems with inventory. When I was looking
for a tinted shield for my HJC helmet, I would call them and
ask if they had one in stock. When I showed up that day to
pick up the shield, they were out. I repeated this several
times, every time they promised they had just received a new
shipment, every time I showed up they said they expected
them next week. Finally, I bought one from Dennis Kirk.

Mike

:tab So there you have it, reviews much like you'd find for any other online vendor, hehe.

Where: Yahoo Map

Back