• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO Tenere 700

?

?
Do you have a link to it listed or anything?

?

I like that bike a lot, I really do. But I’m struggling with the concept of “ why don’t I just buy new?”

Realistically for about $2500 more than what a lot of the used ones are going for I can go to a dealership and get the new 2024 with the updated screen and quick shift and warranty. That’s the dilemma.

I like that bike a lot, I really do. But I’m struggling with the concept of “ why don’t I just buy new?”

Realistically for about $2500 more than what a lot of the used ones are going for I can go to a dealership and get the new 2024 with the updated screen and quick shift and warranty. That’s the dilemma.

Go get an actual out the door price on a new one. It's likely higher than you imagine. Beyond that, how much to you really want to pay for a fancy screen and a quick shifter? I don't think the warranty is even worth thinking about.

Go get an actual out the door price on a new one. It's likely higher than you imagine. Beyond that, how much to you really want to pay for a fancy screen and a quick shifter? I don't think the warranty is even worth thinking about.
$11,700 - $12,800 OTD

In addition to the other items I mentioned, there’s also the fact that a 2024 will be worth more if and when I decide to sell it.

I’m not suggesting anyone has priced their bike wrong, I’m just saying that for around $2700 more I get brand new, more features, higher resale, value, and warranty. Just saying, it’s a bit of a dilemma for me………. Might not be for others.

$11,700 - $12,800 OTD

In addition to the other items I mentioned, there’s also the fact that a 2024 will be worth more if and when I decide to sell it.

I’m not suggesting anyone has priced their bike wrong, I’m just saying that for around $2700 more I get brand new, more features, higher resale, value, and warranty. Just saying, it’s a bit of a dilemma for me………. Might not be for others.

You might be different from me in this too, but I'd spend that price difference all over again in setting up the new stock bike. Suspension, protection, luggage, ergos, etc. That said, the linked bike is pretty bare too, so it'd boil down to new bike cost for a well set up used one or the same price for a bone stock new one plus more for setting it up. Just food for thought.

Last edited:
You asked for info on a used bike, it was handed to you on a silver platter, now you're arguing against buying a used bike? :loco:
Sorry…..didn’t mean to come across like that.
And I promise I’m not ripping on anyone for their bike price……they are what the market is. I was just trying to see if anyone had anything that I hadn’t seen yet in my area, or anything that made that price delta a bit larger so I could justify used over new.

I missed a great deal on a loaded one for $7500 by a matter of a few hours. Was hoping maybe there were more out there.

FWIW, I have a '23 VStrom 800 which I really like and I've heard dealers are marking them down. Regardless of which one you choose, at least on my VStrom I really enjoy the quick shifter and that feature alone may be worth getting the newer T7, just my opinion.

Now I'm wondering how I could rig one on my DR650...wouldn't that be something...

Good luck in your search.

A 2022 Tenere 700 for $9,000 is a ridiculously great price. I'm completely confused why you even posted here if you didn't actually want what you asked for?!?! Go buy a new one then and let the thread end. :shrug:

I had to search out what a quick shifter is. Kind of an odd thing to have on an ADV bike IMO. Oh well, that’s why there are choices out there and I’m glad we have them.

I had to search out what a quick shifter is. Kind of an odd thing to have on an ADV bike IMO. Oh well, that’s why there are choices out there and I’m glad we have them.
It’s a great thing on an ADV bike. It makes shifting while standing easier, and it makes twisty pavement more fun!

I'll continue the threadjacking:

I just got a Tuareg with a quick shifter, and I LOVE it. Yes, it's totally unnecessary, the bike shifts just fine the old-fashioned way. But just like on a track bike, a quick shifter gives you one less thing to think about when bounding around on or off road. These smaller ADV's have less low-down torque, so you need to shift more frequently than a 1200cc tractor, so they end up being a great pairing.

I'll continue the threadjacking:

I just got a Tuareg with a quick shifter, and I LOVE it. Yes, it's totally unnecessary, the bike shifts just fine the old-fashioned way. But just like on a track bike, a quick shifter gives you one less thing to think about when bounding around on or off road. These smaller ADV's have less low-down torque, so you need to shift more frequently than a 1200cc tractor, so they end up being a great pairing.
How are you liking your Tuareg? I test rode one the other day and it felt a little busy at 65-70mph and that kind of turned me off a little. Maybe it was just that short ride and the wind that particular day?

Absolutely love it! Every P-twin will buzz somewhere, and this one is at about 5k RPM. So: just leave it in 5th if that's a problem for you - you'll be at ~6k, and it's totally happy there (and 7k and 8k). AF1 still has some 2023 models they have BIG discounts on, and threw in a free quick shifter. That, plus cruise control, fully adjustable suspension, and actually useful rider modes (two fully tunable, which I use one for on-road and one off (disables rear ABS, very permissive traction control (with separate switchgear controller to FULLY disable TC) , and slightly lighter maps and engine braking). Switch modes on the fly with one button. The main complaint folks have about the Aprilia (apart from yet-to-be-tested reliability vs Japanese-bulletproof T7) is the heat. There's a big, honking cat in the headers that gets very hot, and this heats up the gas tank and your right leg. I plan to sort that out with a full exhaust setup (which should also improve the flat torque curve around 4k). (sorry, this sounds like it's a ad. I'm very much in the honeymoon period with this bike, did ~60 miles on her yesterday, and couldn't be happier about it...)

Yeah, I get that. $4.50 / gal yesterday. But, measured 48 mpg over 450 miles yesterday. And if fancy gas is what's necessary for 80 hp out of 660cc's, that's a deal I'm willing to take.

I recently rode an adventure bike with a quick shifter. I normally load my shifter a little bit before either fanning the clutch or a quick down blip of the throttle. Either action usually results in a quick shift. Loading the shifter with a quick shift results in a premature shift. I hated it. Road racer yes, dual sport, no for me. I do agree with the OP about used prices on some bikes being so close to new prices that I'll buy new with a warranty or wait. I think a shortage of some models created that problem.

Last edited:
I recently rode an adventure bike with a quick shifter. I normally load my shifter a little bit before either fanning the clutch or a quick down blip of the throttle. Either action usually results in a quick shift. Loading the shifter with a quick shift results in a premature shift. I hated it. Road racer yes, dual sport, no for me. I do agree with the OP about used prices on some bikes being so close to new prices that I'll buy new with a warranty or wait. I think a shortage of some models created that problem.
User error. You have to adapt your technique but it’s so worth it!

Back