• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Joe Rocket or Tourmaster

leekellerking

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
King
I am trying to pick a new mesh jacket for summer and I've narrowed it down to either (1) a Joe Rocket Phoenix 6, or (2) a Tour Master Draft Air 4. Does anybody have experience with either jacket?

Living in the Houston area, I need all the air flow I can get for the summer, but I also want good protection and a well-made jacket.

What say you?

Tour Master Draft Air 4tour_master_draft_air4_jacket_black_hi_viz_yellow_750x750.jpgjoe_rocket_phoenix60_jacket_750x750.jpg

I have a Phoenix not sure if it is a 6. I like it. I did upgrade the back armor.

Have no experience with Tour Master draft

Not sure how helpful above is

I have a Phoenix not sure if it is a 6. I like it. I did upgrade the back armor.

Have no experience with Tour Master draft

Not sure how helpful above is
It' helpful. :)

I have an old Joe Rocket that I liked, but (1) it is 10+ years old, (2) I'd probably need to upgrade all the armor, and (3) the zipper is broken. :doh:

I have a Joe Rocket. Looks like the one in the photo. Except not as clean and a little worn. Bought it used on Ebay years ago. Wear it all the time. My go to jacket even when it gets cool (not cold). Just layer it with something warm. Ken in Katy.

What size are you? I have a mesh jacket in good condition, similar to those in your photo I would gift to you. I'm not at home to check or otherwise I would have stated the size here.

My first summer mesh was a JR (Reactor? Mesh w/perf leather sleeves)
Eventually replaced it with an Alpinestar.
The newer jacket mesh is a tighter weave. I think the JR flowed air better.

It looks like the TM is a tighter weave than the JR mesh. Tighter weave may be stronger in a slide.

Vanson used to have a summer jacket that had to be the most open mesh available at the time. Not sure how they compare now.

Mine is Joe Rocket. It has held up well and well vented. I like the Phoenix, plain and simple.

I also have an old well worn version of that JR jacket. It works fine but I don't love it. Has aftermarket armor, since when I got it used the armor had disintegrated.

Frankly I liked my lowly Bilt Techno better. It all comes down to fit. You want the one that fits best and is least likely to move when you crash, IMHO.

Back