• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM Thumper Discussion

Oct 19, 2023:
Installed electronic cruise control on my 690...

PXL-20231016-150238697.jpg

PXL-20231016-200615157-MP.jpg

PXL-20231016-162328479.jpg

Summary:
Works flawlessly ....

Last edited:
I had a 99 640 Adventure for a while. Always regretted selling it. Had MXC400 and EXC300. Now have 690 Enduro R. Been a long time since I spent much time on TWT. Glad to see this discussion.

I had a 99 640 Adventure for a while. Always regretted selling it. Had MXC400 and EXC300. Now have 690 Enduro R. Been a long time since I spent much time on TWT. Glad to see this discussion.
97 620 rxc dual sport. Only ohlins shock ive ever owned.. like you i should have kept it.

I finally got the Mosko Moto Gnoblin in for the R40's on the 500, they've been out of stock since late April. I love the repeatability and secure footing of this mounting system and it eliminates two more straps at the rear of the bags which are possible failure points. As of right now I have the lower straps on the sides firmly tied to the Mosko loops that are mounted to the True North Motos XABR rack system.

The loops are at the most forward exterior position and facing forwards, I would have preferred that they were mounted to the inside, facing rearward and further back but those options either interfere with the straps, don't provide a long enough gap to run the cam buckle system or they don't allow for a straight pull on the strap. It works well in this configuration and the R40's are extremely secure, but I'd like to find a way to totally eliminate those side straps as well. While the loops aren't exactly in the way of my boots when riding/on the pegs, it's possible that under certain scenarios and positions that I could rub the back of my boots against those straps and add to wear and possibly failure.

Off the top of my head I'd love to see strong rare earth magnet in place of the cam buckle on the bags and another mounted to the rack where the loops currently reside, this would eliminate the possibility of my boots rubbing on the loops/straps, secondly it would create a lower profile system than that of the loops and third it would allow for a much quicker install and removal. I guess that last one could lead to the bags being more easily stolen but they won't be left on the bike at night if it were to sit outside when on a trip. I might play with this some and see what I can come up with.

View attachment 358847

View attachment 358848

View attachment 358849

View attachment 358850
Awesome setup.

Back