• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KTM Thumper Discussion

I'd be there but Im protecting my community waiting for this pager to go off. You remember those days I bet ,kirk? We will probably get a single car roll over tonight on the interstate. Seems to be our specialty.

Looky what followed me home. JMZ’s 380. Hope aspr gets his shop built soon, I need a place to keep it and do a little upkeep. Figured since I have a husky I might as well taste the orange koolaid 😍

My local riding buddy has one of those, he doesn't really use the front wheel that much....

Looking through this thread I started wondering about Sam @greeneggs&ham and his wife. Has anyone seen them or heard from them recently? I am just curious how they are doing.

Looking through this thread I started wondering about Sam @greeneggs&ham and his wife. Has anyone seen them or heard from them recently? I am just curious how they are doing.
Just saw this. Altho haven't seen them in a year or two, at last count they were doing well. Living somewhere between Dripping Springs and Driftwood.

Well, it was a bittersweet ride on the KTM 530 EXC this evening. The bike is for sale and a serious buyer is coming to look at and likely take it home Friday evening. So this was my last rip on it. I decided to hit a few of my local fun roads just to make some power slide memories to keep with me once it is gone. It was HOT and HUMID, but still a pretty evening. I made it home juuuust before dark. Only had one close call with a car that tried to kill me and a deer that took off into the woods after darting across the road. I really shouldn't ride the bike right before trying to let it go... It makes me question my sanity!

IMG_6532.JPG

IMG_6533.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG

IMG_6536.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

IMG_6538.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6541.JPG

IMG_6542.JPG

IMG_6543.JPG

Well, it was a bittersweet ride on the KTM 530 EXC this evening. The bike is for sale and a serious buyer is coming to look at and likely take it home Friday evening. So this was my last rip on it. I decided to hit a few of my local fun roads just to make some power slide memories to keep with me once it is gone. It was HOT and HUMID, but still a pretty evening. I made it home juuuust before dark. Only had one close call with a car that tried to kill me and a deer that took off into the woods after darting across the road. I really shouldn't ride the bike right before trying to let it go... It makes me question my sanity!

View attachment 352154

View attachment 352155

View attachment 352156

View attachment 352157

View attachment 352158

View attachment 352159

View attachment 352160

View attachment 352161

View attachment 352162

View attachment 352163

View attachment 352164

Is it getting replaced with anything?

The 2023 KTM 500 EXC-F that I picked up from TJ's back in late April is still on the stand but the build is coming along. I finally got my LED headlight in after waiting for them to come back in stock after a few months. The True North Motos XABR Rack is currently being built and then I can finally get a proper spot to mount and support my Mosko 40's. There are still some items on the list like radiator braces/guards and possibly exhaust and an ECU but for now I am extremely happy with the progress made. I am looking forward to getting this build wrapped up in time for the NM and WY BDR's we have on the ride schedule for this fall.

Parts added so far:

• AXP Skid Plate
  • Acerbis 3.9 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • Double Take ADV Scrambler Mirror
  • Cycra Ultra Probend HCM Handguards
  • BajaWorx Enduro Windshield
  • True North Motos KTM XABR Rack (still waiting on)
  • IMS Enduro Footpegs
  • Taco Moto Tail Tidy w/Enduro Plate
  • Taco Moto LED Signal Flasher Relay
  • Taco Moto Ultra Slim Oil Cap
  • Taco Moto Fork Wrap LED Front Signals
  • Taco Moto Accessory Circuit Power Relay
  • Moto Minded Dash
  • Moto Minded Super Mount V2
  • Moto Minded Stout Mount w/Tilt Wedge
  • Moto Minded Ruby Moto R7 Ultra Headlight Kit
  • Sicass Racing Signal Indicator Harness
  • Free Flo Tank Vent Hose w/Inline Check Valve
  • Enduro Engineering Rear Brake Pedal Tip
  • KTM Grip Donuts
  • Tusk Rear Wheel Spacer Upgrade Kit
  • Bullet Proof Designs Swing Arm Guard

x2cMmVW.jpg

QxCNIb4.jpg

Zr5sKsB.jpg

Is it getting replaced with anything?

I bought a 2020 and 2022 KTM 390 Adventure for my son and daughter. Selling this bike and our Yamaha XT250 pays for the 2022 390. It also frees up money to pay for our trip starting in August.

I bought a 2020 and 2022 KTM 390 Adventure for my son and daughter. Selling this bike and our Yamaha XT250 pays for the 2022 390. It also frees up money to pay for our trip starting in August.
Coming August 2023...🍿
cheyney-dmv-double-good.gif

Last edited:
The 2023 KTM 500 EXC-F that I picked up from TJ's back in late April is still on the stand but the build is coming along. I finally got my LED headlight in after waiting for them to come back in stock after a few months. The True North Motos XABR Rack is currently being built and then I can finally get a proper spot to mount and support my Mosko 40's. There are still some items on the list like radiator braces/guards and possibly exhaust and an ECU but for now I am extremely happy with the progress made. I am looking forward to getting this build wrapped up in time for the NM and WY BDR's we have on the ride schedule for this fall.

Parts added so far:

• AXP Skid Plate
  • Acerbis 3.9 Gallon Fuel Tank
  • Double Take ADV Scrambler Mirror
  • Cycra Ultra Probend HCM Handguards
  • BajaWorx Enduro Windshield
  • True North Motos KTM XABR Rack (still waiting on)
  • IMS Enduro Footpegs
  • Taco Moto Tail Tidy w/Enduro Plate
  • Taco Moto LED Signal Flasher Relay
  • Taco Moto Ultra Slim Oil Cap
  • Taco Moto Fork Wrap LED Front Signals
  • Taco Moto Accessory Circuit Power Relay
  • Moto Minded Dash
  • Moto Minded Super Mount V2
  • Moto Minded Stout Mount w/Tilt Wedge
  • Moto Minded Ruby Moto R7 Ultra Headlight Kit
  • Sicass Racing Signal Indicator Harness
  • Free Flo Tank Vent Hose w/Inline Check Valve
  • Enduro Engineering Rear Brake Pedal Tip
  • KTM Grip Donuts
  • Tusk Rear Wheel Spacer Upgrade Kit
  • Bullet Proof Designs Swing Arm Guard

View attachment 352190

View attachment 352191

View attachment 352192
Beautiful bike

Ordering the orange paint for my KLR.:trust:....this will also be great for us orange dreamers and helping make that future decision........:clap:
Many of us should steer clear of the KTM threads, as I'm sure they are still addicting. I became an addict back around 2000 in the 640 LC4 days, but have been sober now for years. Nevertheless, thank goodness you did not buy an orange one. Your blue one looks beautiful.

I am still hooked on the orange koolaid, they definitely have their perks. No plans to change it up anytime soon either, but I have had some great bikes from Big Red in recent years as well and a new GSA could still be in my future too.

I finally got the Mosko Moto Gnoblin in for the R40's on the 500, they've been out of stock since late April. I love the repeatability and secure footing of this mounting system and it eliminates two more straps at the rear of the bags which are possible failure points. As of right now I have the lower straps on the sides firmly tied to the Mosko loops that are mounted to the True North Motos XABR rack system.

The loops are at the most forward exterior position and facing forwards, I would have preferred that they were mounted to the inside, facing rearward and further back but those options either interfere with the straps, don't provide a long enough gap to run the cam buckle system or they don't allow for a straight pull on the strap. It works well in this configuration and the R40's are extremely secure, but I'd like to find a way to totally eliminate those side straps as well. While the loops aren't exactly in the way of my boots when riding/on the pegs, it's possible that under certain scenarios and positions that I could rub the back of my boots against those straps and add to wear and possibly failure.

Off the top of my head I'd love to see strong rare earth magnet in place of the cam buckle on the bags and another mounted to the rack where the loops currently reside, this would eliminate the possibility of my boots rubbing on the loops/straps, secondly it would create a lower profile system than that of the loops and third it would allow for a much quicker install and removal. I guess that last one could lead to the bags being more easily stolen but they won't be left on the bike at night if it were to sit outside when on a trip. I might play with this some and see what I can come up with.

HiAnswc.jpg

tFrWRJn.jpg

L9SvqFg.jpg

ngodf4Q.jpg

First, that is cool, I didn't know they made such a thing. I hate trying to figure out what to connect to two rear straps to on the 501 and the 890. This solves the 890 since I don't have a plate on the 501.

Second, how is your Mosko Moto stuff so clean. Mine is nasty, dusty, dirty and sticky. Not to mention the bike is spotless. Looks like the tires till have fuzz on them.

First, that is cool, I didn't know they made such a thing. I hate trying to figure out what to connect to two rear straps to on the 501 and the 890. This solves the 890 since I don't have a plate on the 501.

Second, how is your Mosko Moto stuff so clean. Mine is nasty, dusty, dirty and sticky. Not to mention the bike is spotless. Looks like the tires till have fuzz on them.

It's clean because this is a brand new bike and build, it has 0.1 miles on it lol. I bought it back in April and it has never even been started since the day I purchased it and it went through make ready before bringing it home. I have been amassing parts and putting it together all summer and it's just about done and ready for its first trip next month. I'll likely put fuel in it next week and take her for a spin here in town to test everything out.

You can mount the Gnoblin direct to the fender plastic of your 501, they provide different hardware and spacers for those that set it up for use without a rack.

Back