• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

lets get some pie! Sam's Original, FairField, TX 6-25-2022

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
with all the anger and hate and killing, this world could use some pie to calm people down!
I am back, don't know if I can do monthly pie runs, but lets see how this goes and work from there.

When?: Saturday 25th of June 2022 at 11AM

where?: Sam's original restaurant
390 interstate 45 frontage road
Fairfield, TX 75840

Map: (I hope this works) https://goo.gl/maps/sDZvxHusqDX41Ux66

who is in? let us know if you can make it, and if you want to lead a group let me know

Last edited:
Tentatively in! I just need to double check that I'm not double scheduled. I'm REAL good at that. Some might say it's my greatest talent.

Last edited:
Leon,

I was happy to see you post this. Count me in. I know it says it in the title, but you might update the "When" from 2020 to 2022, so folks aren't confused about this being a current Pie Run.

Thanks,
Jeff

9466B648-4F76-4F2C-8377-C4346C4C8697.jpeg
9466B648-4F76-4F2C-8377-C4346C4C8697.jpeg

it is looking like it is going to be a bit on the warm side, remember hydrate !

Leon,

I was really looking forward to the Pie Run this Saturday, but the forecasted temperatures exceed my threshold for Fun. So, I'm going to sit this one out. I hope to see you at a Pie Run in the near future.

Thanks,
Jeff

As I progress through my senior years I find my ability and inclination to handle very hot and cold riding conditions gets narrower. With them now forecasting temps somewhere between 104 and 106 I think my limits have been exceeded. So I too will have too pass on this pie run.

I’m just throwing this out for consideration. Anybody want to have breakfast with pie at Sam’s Saturday am? 8-9ish? That time would get me home before noon. I’m two hours south on I-45.

I’m just throwing this out for consideration. Anybody want to have breakfast with pie at Sam’s Saturday am? 8-9ish? That time would get me home before noon. I’m two hours south on I-45.
HA! I sent the organizer a PM suggesting this exact thing. He’s going to think we talked.

As much as I have enjoyed past pie runs and Sam's, the heat is also beyond my tolerance for fun - so we are out.

Not trying to preempt the normal 11am ish show time but I think I’ll get there for breakfast between 8-830am. Think of it as a scouting mission/quality control check of the pie.

Back