• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let's see your very best photo

Its been a while since I post and its not on a public road, I thought I would post it..
mikew-klr-wheelie-1.jpg

Actually, overcast produces much more even lighting for photography, i.e. "better pictures"[no harsh shadows].

This is true. I just meant that I like to ride when it's sunny, not overcast since most of my riding is commuting.

This is probably one of the best pictures I've ever taken:

2705768760_5e7b8d66d1.jpg

That was taken from a fishing boat in Alaska in 2009.

This one means a lot to me. I meet the fellow in the yellow 'stich in November 1974, when we both brand new Second Lieutenants in the in processing line at Mather Air Force.

We became close friends, and still are to this day. We got together to ride West Texas in 2010, this is the road from Big Bend NP to Alpine.

5143476312_553a2cde41.jpg

Both are in my Flickr sets . Sadly, Flickr seems to have monkeyed with their servers so that I can't make the photos link directly to the corresponding image in my Flickr account.

That's a nice one, Jim... Everyone should see one at some point in their lifetime.

Sometimes when all is right, it happens. A couple nights ago at Sotol Look Out, BB, Texas.

i-Txf9272-L.jpg

Ara and Spirit

Coming back to Big Bend from Austin. Was a wet, windy and foggy day! The ride was as a mystery ride...

i-CbMmHbq-L.jpg

Ara and Spirit

I happen to be going through all my photos!!! From 100,000+ these past 5 years to 200... I like this one also!

A Moonrise... Texas of course!

i-CHMB3TP.jpg

Ara and Spirit

I was taking a picture of My Friends, leaving My house, and they kept pointing and saying" look behind You". I turned around and there was My neighbors Dog,head thru the fence, barking at Me. I took this with My plain little Sanyo point and shoot. My favorite picture I have ever taken. But..... Just My luck to follow Ara in a photo show off session! LOL!

BirneysDeparture012-1.jpg

from an era past. Not greatest quality but stuff that yanks at heart chains. I would be drinking from the upper one if they were still around.

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

Motor head heaven - Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4450.jpg

Machines had art built into them

IMG_4568.jpg

:clap:
Sad and Beautiful pictures...your third picture of an old governor is where the expression "balls out" came from.....when the balls (linked to the engine speed) spun round they would swing out due to centrifugal force and when fully out the linkage would throttle down the engine....very mechanical and very cool!
:sun:

More machine heaven from Dearborn.

Part of the piston shaft.The ornamentation was just there.
IMG_4472.jpg

Oil containers mounted on the routes where shafts travelled
IMG_4475.jpg

Rules of the bus. May apply everywhere. Last in particular.
IMG_4523.jpg

An original Sikorsky and an accompanying caption. My personal favorite.
IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

If you are in the Harrisburg, PA area please visit Victory Brewery. Amazing and my favorite there. I hope I captured the essence of this drink.

photo.jpg

Well done, Farty! Have you made a print from that?

I just got back from a trip to Key West and on the way turned south on La 23 out of Nawlins, toward Venice, La. While down there, on an impulse, I rode up on top of the levee where I found this old Tug Boat, turning to rust. This photo was taken with my phone camera and has not been altered.

Attachments

• tug on the mississippi.jpg
    tug on the mississippi.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 233
You guys do beautiful work.

In 2003, I had an Olympus Camedia C-2030 with a sizzling 3.2 megapixels and 3x zoom. I took it on my western tour. My ride report appeared as a side-bar in American Motorcyclist magazine. Read the unexpurgated version here and click on the small pictures to see larger images.

It was difficult to pick a very best, but this one received praise on Adventure Rider. Click on the small picture of the Avenue of the Giants below to see a wallpaper sized version.

avenue-of-the-giants-m.jpg

Back