• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Linda Tupper's Mom

Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Last Name
Donnelly
Linda Tupper's mom (85 years young) fell while getting into Linda's SUV Sunday and broke her hip. She is in St. Luke's Hospital in The Woodlands. Surgery to put in a pin will probably be tomorrow.

Chris and I are planning on stopping by to see her on our way home from work this evening. Will post up any news we get.

Linda's mom, Linda, and Jim could all use your prayers. Thanks!

Sorry to hear this. I know surgery at her age is not just a routine thing. I hope that she does well and makes a full recovery!

Cindy,

Is Linda registered on the site? Anyways, please let her know that I'm thinking of her & her mother. Hope things go well w/ the surgery.

Has see posted yet about her new bike?

She reads this board all the time, but don't think she's registered. I'll have to light a fire under her to get it done (as though I've not bugged her about it before ;-) )

Nope, she hasn't posted about her new bike yet. I have a photo of both her and Jim's bikes ready and waiting . . .

BTW - I talked to Linda just a little while ago. The doctors did not give them very good news.

With Linda's mother's heart being so weak (she had a pacemaker installed a few months ago) and having to have intravenus treatment on a weekly basis, the doctor said she very well may not make it through the surgery tomorrow.

Surgery is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. and Jim will be with her.

I will let you know what happens whenever I hear from Linda.

Thanks for the good wishes, thoughts and prayers.

Thanks, Stuart. I was gonna have to look that up, but you saved me the trouble. :-D

Mom Arlene made it through surgery with flying colors. Docs are just watching her heart and kidneys to make sure she stays fine.

She did so well, they put her back in her regular room (after recovery) instead of putting her in ICU first!!

Thanks for your prayers. Again, they worked! :-D

Great news Cindy!
Thanks for keeping us posted.

Awesome! She's a cool lady. Hope to see her at the next party Jim & Linda host ;-)

Linda's mom (Arlene) was moved to rehab today! :clap She'll be there for a little while, then off to stay with Jim and Linda until she's fully recuperated.

Chris and I visited Arlene last night at the hospital and she looked great. We actually had a little "party" with hats, blowers, and "refreshments"! She was tickled pink with it. :-D (You guys should have seen Chris wearing his Care Bears kiddie party hat, blowing his Care Bears kiddie blower. It was a hoot!)

Thanks so much for all your well wishes. Linda truly appreciates it. She'd tell you herself, but she's been with her mom all week and Jim and Linda don't have a computer at home! :eek: (Still in the dark ages. :roll: :lol: )

That's wonderful news!
So glad to hear that everything has worked out well, and she'll be able to stay with family until she's 100%. Family makes a world of difference when you need someone.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. As you can imagine it has certainly been a whirl wind but we will make it. Mother is in rehab and we're working on keeping her spirits high. It'll be a long road, but with all the encouragement from everyone her progress should move along. ;-)

Back