• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Liquid transfer pump

kenray

Reaction score
I siphon the gas out of my 89 BMW K100 if the fuel has been in the tank for several weeks and yes I do use a gas additive. I try to avoid alcohol related issues. Have been using a manual siphon device. It works ok but not real fast. Recently was at Harbor Freight and saw a battery operated pump. Price was cheap and thought I would try it out. So far it works great and it is fast. Just thought some of our members might be in need of something like this. Just would like to add I dump the old gas into my KLR as it's not too sensitive to gas quality. ken in katy.

I have one they work great. Think I paid like 13 dollars. Two D batteries. Is this it? I have had it a couple years.
1706832201857.png

I use it to put five gallons of diesel in my tractor . It is slow, maybe 5 min or more. I am going to extend the discharge hose a few feet. See if it still pumps.
Kenray it should work a long time for you.

I broke my fuel strip on my GSA many years ago siphoning gas out. Now I'm real careful .

As a cheap alternative to drain your tank. Three or four feet of garden hose inserted towards low point of tank, hand over filler hole then a little pop of compressed air. Tank will drain pretty rapidly. YMMV

As a cheap alternative to drain your tank. Three or four feet of garden hose inserted towards low point of tank, hand over filler hole then a little pop of compressed air. Tank will drain pretty rapidly. YMMV
Many years ago that is the way I would siphon gas to put in lawn mower.

Back