• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Livewire S2 Mulholland

Reaction score
Harley doubles down and comes up with another model to be unveiled soon.

Live-Wire-One-Earl-169FullWidth-27cf883b-1859590.jpg

Definitely looks like you sit ON that bike.

I’ve always preferred bikes that give you a feeling of sitting IN them (if that makes sense).

One of the reasons I quickly sold my Z900RS…

Lets see, I could buy a near mint used R1250GSA or I could buy me a Mulholland! Does anyone on TWT have a Livewire? It would be interesting to know something of the user experience.

Lets see, I could buy a near mint used R1250GSA or I could buy me a Mulholland! Does anyone on TWT have a Livewire? It would be interesting to know something of the user experience.

@pdef has a Del Mar. May be he can chime in.

Yes, I have a Del Mar. I would not cross shop it with a GSA. Although, if you had a two bike garage, those two would compliment each other perfectly.
I bet they would! How many miles does yours have so far, and hows the reliability been?

I had one time where the bike wouldn't turn on because the 12v battery connection was loose. I have had two or three updates over the air. So far it's been good. I think it's worth a test ride for most people. It's a fun, impractical toy and fills this role admirably.

Also, I hope they make a real cruiser. Double the battery, give it a smaller motor. It would still weigh less than most cruisers. I may be in the minority, but I don't like the look of modern cruisers, including the Mulholland.

Ill date myself: when i sold bme+ triumphs, we also sold BRAMO electric bikes. We did not sell one during the year plus i was there. I still have the shirt though! Quite a nice shirt, but when you mix bicycle parts into a motorcycle, and want 17k for it, people back off. Even when they went to 12k for some. Just not sellable in 2013. But polaris bought them. Ever heard of or seen a polaris electric bike? Somewhere theres a shop with inventory im sure....

I went for a test ride this morning.

The bike is really fun to ride. Would I buy one? No. I'd rather get a Zero FXE that offers similar performance with better equipment and built quality for a lot less. But if you want faster charging and a bit more power with the HD flair, then this bike is it.

Wait, let me tell you more:

+
Light
Steering at low speed
Handling
Acceleration
Riding position
Quiet

-
Suspension (way too stiff)
Seat comfort
You're so upright with your hands up high that it's hard to hang on past 65 mph
Mirrors
Dealership knowledge*

My beef would be with the dealership. Just like Zero dealers, they don't really know the product, don't really care about the product, and want to rip you off by telling you bs that would make a car salesman proud.

*My 2 cents are that electric motorcycles do not sell because of dealers, not the product or company. Dealers do not want to learn anything new or different and are not interested in anything that will not bring back customers on a regular basis. There is just about no maintenance on electric motorcycles. The HD dealer swore to me that I would have to bring the bike back at 1,000 miles then 5,000 miles then 10,000 miles. That's the maintenance schedule for ICE Harleys. When I asked what for, they told me they need to check the coolant and do software updates on the bike. What a load of crap. Really? You gotta check my coolant at 1,000 miles? What software update are we talking about? They couldn't even say. But hey, I need one. What a shame. I think Livewire has a good product on its hands but the distribution network sucks.

GJ2ieK_XcAAd58A?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

GJ2ieK5XgAApsz9?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

GJ2ieK8W8AABMSf?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

GJ2ieK5WMAEIA1s?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Back