• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Local big names in Enduro ftom 80's.

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
At least one from this forum. And 2 that I know of no longer with us.

"Overall results from the Sabine Circuit 198?."

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1713051277751.jpg
    FB_IMG_1713051277751.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 45
I knew and rode with 12 of them and recognized well over half the names but wernt close enough to call friends , even stayed in touch with a few for years after the 80s . After a second look only four that i didnt remember the name

Impressive! I know 11 to some degree, only a couple would be "friends ". I wonder how many know who Dan Cogdell is?

Last edited:
Cogdell is the lawyer you see on television all the time , i used to see him early and mid 80s by but he wasnt riding the circles i was in by late 80s . Stayed in touch with Ken Clark till a few years ago and rode with him a lot in 80s and 90s , i got divorced and didnt need therapy anymore so quite riding for a few years in 93 or so . I i stayed in touch with Rich Rulau for a few years before loosing contact . A few more names that i knew but only saw at races .

Yep, he was lead in the Waco seize trial. And just got through representing Ken Paxton. Funny story, spent weekend riding with him and some others. I'm quiet anyway and to say the least, little intimated by him. By the end of the weekend, he nicknamed me "DJ" (disc jockey) because I talked so much. That was 3 or 4 years ago. He still calls me that, lol.

Several of those are long time personal friends and riding/traveling buddies. More of my friends in low places! I saw Cogdell on TV a while back, looks like his lifestyle is taking its toll. :lol2:

Back