• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Longest DS Ride in Texas?

Its my backyard and I don't know the ride... I'd be happy to host a campout if people want to figure the route out and do a ride before it gets hot!
Pick a weekend in May...

Good thread. I did a lot of Milam route on KLR in 2012. Up around Gause is a good ride. Highest place in Milam county Sugarloaf Mountain. Private property but ride is cool on past it.

Last edited:

Ah to be either arthritis free, younger, or have a smaller ds bike than the big GSA. An 800 seems quite appealing when ooking at the map :-)

Yes sir! I did that ride last year.

Is it still a good amount of gravel/dirt?

Its my backyard and I don't know the ride... I'd be happy to host a campout if people want to figure the route out and do a ride before it gets hot!

I put together a two day 500 total mile ride out of Bastrop last year and we rode past Sugarloaf on that trip. Such a cool spot and nice gravel road riding in the area.

Just wondering what is the longest end to end, mostly dirt, DS ride that anyone has done in Texas? Discuss...

my6 how long a ride would you like, have put Gravel guys route to GPS format around 223 miles (need to proof them now) and my tracks 178 miles (the tracks you rode last year) cross in many places could possibly make close to a 400 mile are a little more loop, I am game if you are

A good two or three day'r is what I'm thinking about. But like I said, I'd like to trailer to somewhere, get dropped off and then have to ride back to a pickup point. An end to end ride....

A good two or three day'r is what I'm thinking about. But like I said, I'd like to trailer to somewhere, get dropped off and then have to ride back to a pickup point. An end to end ride....

Let us know if y'all put something like this together. I'd trailer up and ride as well. I'd prefer a loop so that I could leave truck/trailer somewhere safe to ride out from and finish back at the truck/trailer to tow back home.

Let us know if y'all put something like this together. I'd trailer up and ride as well. I'd prefer a loop so that I could leave truck/trailer somewhere safe to ride out from and finish back at the truck/trailer to tow back home.
That's pretty much what I have always done. I just kinda want to do the end to end thing at least once...

I always make a loop , never go the same way coming and going . That’s why I always have to do it again , I zip past all those places I should take pictures of on the way there thinking I’ll stop and get a pict on the way home . And never come back the same way .

You know there's no roads in Central Texas like the east texas 450 but I have enough tracks I might can string together something that would be what we're looking for it may be a 60/40 mix gravel and skinnny roads and 2 1/2 are 3 day ride and close to 500 miles and you can figure out the rest.

You know there's no roads in Central Texas like the east texas 450 but I have enough tracks I might can string together something that would be what we're looking for it may be a 60/40 mix gravel and skinnny roads and 2 1/2 are 3 day ride and close to 500 miles and you can figure out the rest.

East Texas 450, do tell more? Are there GPX tracks for this?

Here are a few tracks for the ET450 or ET500 including a ET750 version.

All of them are posted in the GPS file section under Ride and Trip planning.

Thanks to RollinJ for putting this one together! I have not done the 750.

This is more of an iron butt 2 day challenge.

View attachment 215739

This is broken up into 5 sections to keep the number of points down and compatible with more GPS devices. I did not create this track but I am happy to give whomever did credit if they post up here.

I have done only the first day and a half of this ride but it is beautiful.

View attachment 215740

Just ran these over the last two days, so they are fresh.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

The Attached file is in both .gdb and .gpx formats. It includes waypoints for gas, lodging and meals. The file contains two tracks - ET500-Day1 and ET500-Day2. There is one small section in day one that was drawn rather than recorded as ridden. That part is the last couple of miles coming into Center. The rest of the entirety of these two tracks were recorded as ridden in the Spring of 2022 shortly after a localized heavy rain. Many roads that are normally deep sand were moist and packed. They could be ridden unusually fast. Low lying areas were wet and took longer to ride. The speeds you see here probably won't be the same for your group - plan flexibility. Day one is a full day's ride with few stops and a steady pace. If you have flats, mechanicals or riders who struggle getting through sand, mud etc, you probably won't complete day one without burning pavement before dark. Day two can be a fast ride with many more improved roads. *However, there are technical areas - plan to work as a team helping everyone make it. The difficulty of this ride is largely determined by conditions. Because of it's wide range across East Texas, you will experience deep sand, slick mud and a whole bunch of other opportunities to drop your motorcycle. It's not an easy ride and many parts of it should not be attempted by beginners or heavier motorcycles with street oriented tires.

GPX viewer

I just wonder how many of these miles are still gravel given the age of these posts. Most are 9-12 years back now.

Back