• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Memories from my Grinduro experience (5 years ago)

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
5 years ago I went for the 1st of 2 times, priceless memories.
Getting to see Andrew Short and Cody Webb do their stuff up close was a treat. I believe Russell Bobbitt was there that year also. Following the "train" of riders I did stuff I wouldn't normally do. There's unreal riding there! Thanks to the Kirkpatrick family for having us!
624C38EE-441C-46C9-9619-E3E7E93D46BD.jpeg

My ride, 300, perfect for there.
3EE57483-021C-4459-A4D3-2D6B67FE3E75.jpeg

Andrew Short on the Husky.
48F9B187-12EF-45CE-BF3B-E4AA334386E8.jpeg

Cody Webb with No1 plate. That dude does some crazy goat stuff. Crazy.
FDD8F32B-2C4D-4E8C-B930-0C47E11F2B2B.jpeg

The "skilled" riders did a last man standing thing where they tried knocking each other over and succeeded!

Fun stroll down memory lane!

Nice to see a couple of women riders 👍🏻

Thanks for sharing. Good pix

They were good riders! Have to be, this wasn't easy stuff, lol. And I didn't do the hard parts. They did!

BTW, this is fund raiser for the Kurt Caselli Foundation, FYI. They just had this years last weekend. I missed the 3rd year, now it's hard to get back in. They limit participants and it always seems out, fast, in minutes on line! Just as well, not sure I'm up to the challenge now!

Thanks for the pics Rob. That ranch and Terlingua are still my favorite TSCEC enduros from way back when. When driving to the U Lazy S, any new guys we took always commented on how there was nothing to pose a challenge just observing from the hiway. They always had a new perspective on the way home. Like another world compared to E TX and LA.

Thread also has me thinking of M Howell. I wonder if Martin is still as active. RIP Marty!
Yes he is. Just bought a new bike. We were at Cycleland over Thanksgiving, out of nowhere 2 guys can hauling up behind us and ripped by. Didn't know it then, but was Martin and a friend. He was on a 125, lol. Heard him coming for sure.

I thought this was an invite only type of thing.

And the thing Cody Webb does on a dirt bike blows my mind. There’s video of him at a local place, launching off a rock face on to another rock and then another. The video is impressive for sure, but then I saw the spot in person and couldn’t believe he made those gaps. He just sees things differently

I thought this was an invite only type of thing
It invitational but very limited and first come first serve. I was lucky enough to get in 1st 2 years, had connection problems trying to sign up 3rd year and now I'm out. Returnees ha e 1st shot, very few don't return. At this point most of the riding is over my current riding comfort zone. There's some tremendous stuff there.

It invitational but very limited and first come first serve. I was lucky enough to get in 1st 2 years, had connection problems trying to sign up 3rd year and now I'm out. Returnees ha e 1st shot, very few don't return. At this point most of the riding is over my current riding comfort zone. There's some tremendous stuff there.

I’ve seen some videos of that ranch. It looks awesome. No way I could ride it as fast as they do though. They’d be waiting on me all day 😂

Back