• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MXDN

Reaction score
Sure looking forward to hearing an awesome team announced.

Tomac - 450
Sexton - Open
Who should go for our 250 guy?
Craig seems logical.

LOL, the wife and I were just talking about this last night, and agree with you; Craig for 250s. I heard that Jason Anderson said he'd ride 250 if asked, too.

Anderson for the 3rd guy. He needs redemption ever since the Japanese rider jumped on him. I would ask Sexton to ride the 250. He already said he would if he had to.
USA just needs to pick the three best riders overall regardless of what size bike they ride now.

Looks like Justin Cooper is going to get the 250 ride for MXDN. I will be there in person this year. Can't wait.

Official Team Australia MXoN 2022
MX1 – Mitch Evans
MX2 – Hunter Lawrence
MX Open – Jett Lawrence
Team Manager – Michael Byrne
Team Assistant Manager – Gary Benn

So we get to see Jett in the big boy class... and against our present (Tomac) and our future (Sexton). That should be fun! Cooper is a good choice for the 250s, but still think Craig would have been a better (more reliable) choice. Still a great team though, and home field advantage. USA! USA!

Will be interesting if folks stay healthy. Hopefully Tomac will be focused.

So we get to see Jett in the big boy class... and against our present (Tomac) and our future (Sexton). That should be fun! Cooper is a good choice for the 250s, but still think Craig would have been a better (more reliable) choice. Still a great team though, and home field advantage. USA! USA!
Cooper has not shown much ability to come up through the pack after a bad start or a mistake. If he gets a good start, he should hold his own. Team Australia could win it just with one family. That's crazy.

No doubt if they get any help from Evans. I don't know anything about him.

No doubt if they get any help from Evans. I don't know anything about him.
Since in the MXDN you get to drop the worst Moto score per team, all he has to do is keep it upright and you figure they will be on the podium. That is if Jett and Hunter have four clean motos. That is not a given with those two.

France is going to be a factor. Renaux, Musquin and Ferrandis. I watch all the European races and Renaux can ride. Ferrandis has the pace to run at the front all day long. By the end of September he will be back in top form for sure. Musquin is the weakest rider on that team so that is saying something. They could easily win it.

This is a bucket list trip for me. I will post up some pics.

Here's a blast from the past on this subject ya'll might enjoy.

Attachments

• 20200901_182849.jpg
    20200901_182849.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 72
Both the Hondas and the Yamahas always look good in the USA MXDN graphics. Plane tickets and rental car booked. Air BNB cottage on Lake Michigan booked.

A few pictures from my trip to Red Bud.

Eli sending it over LaRocco's Leap:
1664330537436.png

Sexton's Bike:
1664330604149.png

Tomac's Bike:
1664330661532.png

Cairoli's Bike:
1664330720868.png

Jett was fast and a force on the 450:
1664330791237.png

Aussie Pits:
1664330846801.png

Team Norway rocked two stroke Fantics, based on a YZ 250:
1664330914165.png

Race Day on Sunday was wet and muddy but track stayed good enough to race on for sure. The sun through the clouds on the trees across the road was surreal and beautiful:
1664331063096.png

Great pics, John; thanks for sharing. I've never been to an outdoor event, so how hard was it to move around during the day? Was it hard to find good spots to view the track?

Great pics, John; thanks for sharing. I've never been to an outdoor event, so how hard was it to move around during the day? Was it hard to find good spots to view the track?

This was different than any other outdoor mx I have been to just because of the crowd. It was massive. Gates opened at 6 AM and when we got there at 8 AM each day the different sets of grandstands they had were already packed and all the hills were already filling up. There really is no moving around once the actual races start. You pick your spot and stay. Now before and after the races, it is easy to walk anywhere. We had Pit (this was a Euro-ran event so it was Paddock) access and it was spread out and awesome. With all the countries represented, it was the best Pits I have ever been to.

Now, we cheated and did one of the VIP packages (it was dumb expensive but I have not been on a vacation in 5 years plus the MXON was a bucket list event for me). So we had a tent, catered meals and free bar along with all other regular drinks. I don't drink much alcohol but I OD'd on Monster Energy, LOL. Same deal though. Get there early, stake out your spot with chairs and then you were good. We had our own area outside (it is where I took all the pictures from) and we were happy with it. You sort of had to watch your spot as it got crowded but that is the way it goes. We had our own private bathroom trailer (otherwise lines of outhouses) and my wife used it and said she was happy and got her money's worth. Happy wife happy life--so I was good too, LOL.

Basically, the answer to your questions is get there early, stake out your spot and hunker down. It is nothing like a SX race where you have assigned seats. It was the best race I have ever been to--nothing has come close and I have been racing and going to pro races 35 years. The combination of the different countries, the fact that it is a team event and is patriotic is the coolest thing ever.

Not sure if they got on TV, but Sunday there were probably 10 Irish fellows dressed up as perfect leprechauns. It was only 9 AM, and several of the lads were feeling no pain. There were folks dressed up everywhere, flags from many nations being carried, etc. Just a total different vibe from any MX race I have ever been to. So cool.

Think part county fair (except replace quilts and pies with factory MX bikes), part race, and part Olympics.

Last edited:
Awesome! Like you, I'd rather spend the extra dough to not have to deal with the hassles. Sounds like a great time, so will have to try an outdoor race sometime, especially if it's an assocciated road trip. Thanks.

Wick asked for more pictures, so here are a few more for the five people interested, lol.

Sexton on the muddy track Sunday warm up:
1664420045587.png

Tomac same as Sexton above:
1664420153180.png

Where I hung out:
1664420312603.png

Part of the other side of the track, taken Friday Evening:
1664420500311.png

We had a little cottage on Lake Michigan, private beach. This was Thursday near sunset:
1664420620584.png

Seven Time World Champ Tony Cairoli with some random West Texas Hillbilly:
1664420721313.png

Attachments

• 1664420413499.png
    1664420413499.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Hey I'm always interested in the MXDN. It's THE only mx race I am interested in nowadays. I watched every minute of it. USA! USA!

Back