• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My son has covid

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
After arguing about vaccine efficacy for over a year, my 42 yo unvaccinated son, who to me took way too many chances, and trusted Reddit for his medical advice, now has the bug. I appreciate your prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

Hope he has a speedy recovery. My 11yr old daughter had it last month and it was no fun.

Wishing him a fast recovery. My 40 yr old son works in oncology cellular research and is unvaccinated despite my pleas so I can empathize with your feelings.

Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery.. My 24 year old son just recovered from covid about 10 days ago.

Thanks so much for your prayers folks. My son's name is Sam. Hes still very sick and the chest issues are starting to be felt. As i lay wake tonight, i got a message, just that quiet emerging thought, to get up, get on my knees and pray. So i did just that. Heavenly Father, hear our prayers.

Update: Yesterday he was coughing up blood. Not a good sign. Still unhospitalized though. Finally got a doctor who prescribed a regeneron infusion and he went in and got it at 8:00 a.m. yesterday. He was also prescribed the ivermectin and told it would be fine to take it as well. So in a couple hours we will get an update on how last night went. Been a long stressful 10 days or so.

Praying for your son's quick recovery. I believe you did well in finding the right doctor.

Update: Yesterday he was coughing up blood. Not a good sign. Still unhospitalized though. Finally got a doctor who prescribed a regeneron infusion and he went in and got it at 8:00 a.m. yesterday. He was also prescribed the ivermectin and told it would be fine to take it as well. So in a couple hours we will get an update on how last night went. Been a long stressful 10 days or so.
Hopefully some of these meds will start helping, soon!

Pray Sam makes a full recovery. Wife had it 2 months ago and it was a pretty mild case and she shows to have antibodies now. Hope it is the same for him.

Also, any chance he can get to an Antibody Monoclonal Clinic? The one in FtW is taking walks ins with a + test.

Ed, prayers lifted for a complete and speedy recovery for your son...

Well, I have good news. Thank you for your prayers. The Lord has healed my son from a pretty difficult and 30 day run with Covid. All we could do was deliver food to his doorstep every few days and talk on the phone across the street when he came out to retrieve it. After 8 days in he had not seen a doctor and was increasingly sick. He said he felt like he was knocking on deaths door laying on the lawn puking in the night at one point. It was then that we arranged for him to get Regeneron and he was immediately feeling he'd turned the corner and felt much better- in only 24 hours. Why it is so hard to get this in TX must be a political thing. He also did a round with Ivermectin which he claims helped as well. Then some chinese herbal tea for lung function. It also worked well. Well enough that I bought a bag of it and consumed it over a week. It tasted great and helped with a persistent lung flam build up I am suffering from. Its called Qingfei Paidu Tang, from Amazon. About $10. One thing Sam said was "dad, our friend Ron Leatherman would not have died in the hospital if they'd given him Regeneron". It really helps to have an advocate which you are sick with this because you cannot think for yourself. Earlier this week I helped him lay concrete in a 6x8 foot pumphouse pad. He's strong again and we can than thank the Lord for his constant blessings. Thank you all for your prayers! Ed

Last edited:
Well, I have good news. Thank you for your prayers. The Lord has healed my son from a pretty difficult and 30 day run with Covid. All we could do was deliver food to his doorstep every few days and talk on the phone across the street when he came out to retrieve it. After 8 days in he had not seen a doctor and was increasingly sick. He said he felt like he was knocking on deaths door laying on the lawn puking in the night at one point. It was then that we arranged for him to get Regeneron and he was immediately feeling he'd turned the corner and felt much better- in only 24 hours. Why is is so hard to get this in TX must be a political thing. He also did a round with Ivermectin which he claims helped as well. Then some chinese herbal tea for lung function. It also worked well. Well enough that I bought a bag of it and consumed it over a week. It tasted great and helped with a persistent lung flam build up I am suffering from. Its called Qingfei Paidu Tang, from Amazon. About $10. One thing Sam said was "dad, our friend Ron Leatherman would not have died in the hospital if they'd given him Regeneron". It really helps to have an advocate which you are sick with this because you cannot think for yourself. Earlier this week I helped him lay concrete in a 6x8 foot pumphouse pad. Hes strong again and we can than the Lord for his constant blessings. Thank you all for your prayers! Ed
Great news.

Back