• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New China Vinto GS 525

Reaction score
Just came across this on YT , it is a nice looking bike but has me wondering a little on what the BMW guys will think .

Nothing new about China copying…
Nothing new about anyone copying. China gets a bad rap for it these days, but copying other people's ideas and technology has been the driving force of innovation and advancement for centuries. Of course, that is not the same as things like pirating music, movies, and software and reselling literal copies. But emulating and copying ideas, styles, etc, has been the name of the game in the automotive and motorcycle industries forever. All the other manufacturers have been trying to copy the GS for years because it sort of became the standard bearer of large adventure bikes. Some have been more blatant than others, but all of them have done it. I'd just be curious to know what the quality is like :ponder:

Not much to wonder about , it’s chinese . It might make you look cool parked in front of the starlight but I wouldn’t trust it any further than I was willing to walk .

Not much to wonder about , it’s chinese .

He says, posting from a Chinese phone, tablet or computer, over dozens of networking devices and servers also made in China.

Oh, and if you have a motorcycle made in the past decade, it likely has plenty of parts made in China. Even the vaunted BMW might very well have engines made in China.

Or how about this: China does more manufacturing than any other country. Practice makes perfect. Just look at the history. Once "foreign" cars and motorcycles were considered junk, no matter where they were from. Then Japanese cars became the standard for quality. And now for probably a decade or more, Korean cars have been leading in quality. Taiwanese scooters are already the best you can buy. It will not be long before the highest quality manufactured things you can buy will be made in China, including motorcycles, if for no other reason than the fact that the vast majority of them will be made in China.

FYI, my Triumph has parts made in China, those not manufactured by Triumph, but the bulk of it was made in Thailand. And it's astronomically higher quality than my 100% made in Japan Suzuki. Country of manufacture is not related to quality.

Say what you want. There are tons of Chinese people that ride Chinese bikes year round on roads that are more like rutted trails. ...and they do it every day because they have to. It is easy to talk about how reliable our Japanese and Euro vehicles are when we ride mostly pristine tarmac everywhere and gravel roads that are pretty much flat and well maintained. Yeah we find the occasional hairy 100 foot strip of something nasty on the TAR or Big Bend or something. It isn't the vast majority of our riding.

At $5988 with luggage youre at about the same price as a Yamaha XT250 bare. Granted it hasn't been shipped over here yet, it will still be at an attractive price after adding it in.

He says, posting from a Chinese phone, tablet or computer, over dozens of networking devices and servers also made in China.

Oh, and if you have a motorcycle made in the past decade, it likely has plenty of parts made in China. Even the vaunted BMW might very well have engines made in China.

Or how about this: China does more manufacturing than any other country. Practice makes perfect. Just look at the history. Once "foreign" cars and motorcycles were considered junk, no matter where they were from. Then Japanese cars became the standard for quality. And now for probably a decade or more, Korean cars have been leading in quality. Taiwanese scooters are already the best you can buy. It will not be long before the highest quality manufactured things you can buy will be made in China, including motorcycles, if for no other reason than the fact that the vast majority of them will be made in China.

FYI, my Triumph has parts made in China, those not manufactured by Triumph, but the bulk of it was made in Thailand. And it's astronomically higher quality than my 100% made in Japan Suzuki. Country of manufacture is not related to quality.
Yes at this point we are at is is almost impossible to not have something all made or partly made in the ole china . I have tired to do the only buy American thing and that doesn't work out all that great so i just come to realize that its not a big deal as i made it out to be . Heck i am riding a India made BMW now so it is not much difference.
I hope this makes BMW make a smaller twin cylinder bike now , i had read a somewhere that a guy posted that he heard that BMW was going to make a 430 cc that would be released in 2024 but i don't put much weight in that .

Back