• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Dude

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Czap
Hello everyone!..my name is Greg I am from Georgetown Tx and been riding motorcycles for a long time. Dirt bikes, road bikes dual sport, and now a new KTM 390 adventure bike. Got on this forum to meet other adventure riders that live near and far to ride with. I have done 2 rides and camps to the Hill Country area! man what a blast!! I have road most of the paved roads in the hill country throughout the years but never the back county dirt roads and really dig the bike camping.

Would like to do the 2023 Hill County 500, need to find out who to contact on that? Can anyone help with that? I already made reservations for camping at the Kerrville -Schreiner Park Friday, Saturday and Sunday for Memorial Day weekend.
Look forward to hearing from y,all,...Greg

Attachments

• IMG_7607.JPG
    IMG_7607.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7643.PNG
    IMG_7643.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Welcome to the site! :wave:

How are you liking the 390 for camping and traveling? I have a 2020 and 2022 390 for my son and daughter to ride. The goal is to get them luggage and do some traveling with them.

What kind of mods have you done and which do you really like or not like?

Would like to do the 2023 Hill County 500, need to find out who to contact on that? Can anyone help with that? I already made reservations for camping at the Kerrville -Schreiner Park Friday, Saturday and Sunday for Memorial Day weekend.
Look forward to hearing from y,all,...Greg
Welcome to TWT!

I'm heading to the Hill Country 500 from Cypress. I've reserved a tent site at the Kerrville-Schreiner Park and you're welcome to share the space.

There could be a couple more guys show up from my regular group (can't call this a 'normal' group), but the site has plenty of room.

Let me know, and I'll reserve a patch of grass and a tree for you.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

How are you liking the 390 for camping and traveling? I have a 2020 and 2022 390 for my son and daughter to ride. The goal is to get them luggage and do some traveling with them.

What kind of mods have you done and which do you really like or not like?
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the welcome, I rode my dual sport with my daughter and brothers' kids,.. lots of fun! They are grown up now and in collage and i found myself staring at my CRF to much in the garage and decided to get a new bike! Have not really done any mods on the KTM yet still getting the feel of the bike. I have upgraded the handguards, the OEM"s are cheap plastid and I installed Tusk Pannier racks and Olympus soft bags witch I love! That's it so far..

Hey Greg, a BIG West Texas welcome from our herd!! I look forward to seeing you in the Hill Country! :welcome:
Thanks CT, i look forward to meeting you too. Where are you staying at for the Hill County ride? Are they riding Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Welcome to TWT!

I'm heading to the Hill Country 500 from Cypress. I've reserved a tent site at the Kerrville-Schreiner Park and you're welcome to share the space.

There could be a couple more guys show up from my regular group (can't call this a 'normal' group), but the site has plenty of room.

Let me know, and I'll reserve a patch of grass and a tree for you.
Hey Dub,
Man,.. thanks for the invite on camping site! I have reserved camping site 16 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Kerrville Schreiner Park, so you need extra space I'm sure i can fit in a tent or so. I heard they may be a ride on Friday as well, so may come in on Tuesday not sure..

ANOTHER GTOWN DUDE HERE. I'LL PROBABLY HEAD TO THE 500 ON THURSDAY EVENING. ALSO HAVE A CAMP SPOT IT ANYONE NEEDS ONE.

Hey Dub,
Man,.. thanks for the invite on camping site! I have reserved camping site 16 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Kerrville Schreiner Park, so you need extra space I'm sure i can fit in a tent or so. I heard they may be a ride on Friday as well, so may come in on Tuesday not sure..
A bit of advice based on experience - the campsites on the river are noisy and 'busy'. If the noise and commotion doesn't bother you, great. If it does, I recommend you change your campsite to the 'non-river' side.

I like the Fawn Hide-Away section and have reserved site 63.

@TGTUMBLEWEED, this might be applicable to you, too.

The offer still stands for both of you - if you want to pitch your tent on site 63, I'm happy to share.

Thanks Mark,.. someday would like to do an adventure ride in Arkansas! here they got some great rides.
Riding in Arkansas is amazing.

In the fall, there's a charitable event called the Rich Mountain Rendezvous (Sept 14-17, Queen Wilhelmina State Park in Mena). It's a great ride with great people for a great cause.

Check it out here

Hey Greg!

The HC500 is a relaxed event. No registration, no fee, no Tshirt...

For more info, please read thru the thread below. Subscribe to it. It is the primary means of communication for the weekend.

Thread '2023 Hill Country 500' https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/2023-hill-country-500.132674/

Several peeps have mentioned they are arriving early. That's great.

I've been having internet troubles, but hope to post up some more day and half day rides.

Welcome to TWT!

A bit of advice based on experience - the campsites on the river are noisy and 'busy'. If the noise and commotion doesn't bother you, great. If it does, I recommend you change your campsite to the 'non-river' side.

I like the Fawn Hide-Away section and have reserved site 63.

@TGTUMBLEWEED, this might be applicable to you, too.

The offer still stands for both of you - if you want to pitch your tent on site 63, I'm happy to share.
Dub,
Thanks for the info! ,..Yeah prefer something quiet. Tomorrow will see if i can change sit to Fawn Hide-Away site.

Hey Greg!

The HC500 is a relaxed event. No registration, no fee, no Tshirt...

For more info, please read thru the thread below. Subscribe to it. It is the primary means of communication for the weekend.

Thread '2023 Hill Country 500' https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/2023-hill-country-500.132674/

Several peeps have mentioned they are arriving early. That's great.

I've been having internet troubles, but hope to post up some more day and half day rides.

Welcome to TWT!
Great thanks!.. will check out thread.

ANOTHER GTOWN DUDE HERE. I'LL PROBABLY HEAD TO THE 500 ON THURSDAY EVENING. ALSO HAVE A CAMP SPOT IT ANYONE NEEDS ONE.
Hello Ken,
Perfect! I was hoping to meet someone that lives close to do some weekend rides with! Good to talk to ya. Looks like I may be leaving on Thursday am/noon time, living by downtown area close to blue hole.

Dub,
Thanks for the info! ,..Yeah prefer something quiet. Tomorrow will see if i can change sit to Fawn Hide-Away site.
My riding buddies are backing out last minute leaving site near empty.

Interested in sharing #63?

My riding buddies are backing out last minute leaving site near empty.

Interested in sharing #63?
Yeah...Thanks! will share site 63 with you, look like it has plenty of trees. When do you plan on coming in? Originally, I was goanna come in on Friday now I am thinking I will come in Thursday sometime and leaving Monday morning. I'm less than 2hrs away. Will be riding bike in.

Back