• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new member in marfa texas

Reaction score
howdy texas. i joined this summer when i met a member in badlands NP. i bought a moto guzzi v85tt and promptly put 13000 miles on it in two months. from mexican border to victoria bc and toronto on with a stop in sturgis.

looking forward to riding big bend area on pavement and dirt roads. maybe down into mexico and more of the US. great bike. handles well and plenty of power.

gig’em ‘81.
rob

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    673.2 KB · Views: 76
Welcome, neighbor (kinda).. I'm a part-time Alpine/part time Austin resident... I'll flag you down if I see the Guzzi on the roads out here..

Welcome MarfaRama - we met in the Badlands, it was a pleasure.
If I go to BBend this winter, I'll look you up.

Enjoy,

Hey, this is Peter. I organize the annual "Uncles Around the Bend" rally in spring in Terlingua and the Mexico adventures as Mextrek. Come out this spring and spend the weekend getting to know about 150 of the great guys who frequent TWTEX and ride dual sports with TARA, aka Texas Adventure Riders Association.

Marfa!

Honest question...I've been through Marfa many, many, many times over the years going to and from Big Bend since 1973 but never stopped until this year last spring to get gas since I was taking hwy 90 west to head up to the Guadalupe mountains area for a change of pace on the way home to central TX. Is Marfa turning into one of those hipster, Austinesque, type of places? Though I hadn't stopped, I always looked at businesses and people as I drove through. I realize most places change over time...some for the better, some for the worse. I'm even concerned a bit for the soul and future of the Terlingua/Study Butte area. I don't mean to sound like a hater, but I kind of hate hipsters, metrosexuals, and the self-absorbed, well heeled that often infect places that had original, down-to-earth charm. And if my comment offends, sorry. Well, honestly I'm not sorry.:lol2:

Honest question...I've been through Marfa many, many, many times over the years going to and from Big Bend since 1973 but never stopped until this year last spring to get gas since I was taking hwy 90 west to head up to the Guadalupe mountains area for a change of pace on the way home to central TX. Is Marfa turning into one of those hipster, Austinesque, type of places? Though I hadn't stopped, I always looked at businesses and people as I drove through. I realize most places change over time...some for the better, some for the worse. I'm even concerned a bit for the soul and future of the Terlingua/Study Butte area. I don't mean to sound like a hater, but I kind of hate hipsters, metrosexuals, and the self-absorbed, well heeled that often infect places that had original, down-to-earth charm. And if my comment offends, sorry. Well, honestly I'm not sorry.:lol2:
This happened a decade ago. Watch Anthony Bourdain's "Far West Texas" episode.

howdy texas. i joined this summer when i met a member in badlands NP. i bought a moto guzzi v85tt and promptly put 13000 miles on it in two months. from mexican border to victoria bc and toronto on with a stop in sturgis.

looking forward to riding big bend area on pavement and dirt roads. maybe down into mexico and more of the US. great bike. handles well and plenty of power.

gig’em ‘81.
rob
Are you new to Marfa? I lived on the southern border (RGV) few years back. If you’re new to,west TX and riding off road be sure to pack enough H2O. If you haven’t ridden into MX yet, I’d highly recommend it. There’s an organized group ride normally every Oct and March into different areas of northern MX, lots of fun.

Back