• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No dirt bike

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Probably first time since 1971 there isn't an official dirt bike in the family. 450 just left. May or may not replace. Weird deal wasn't planning unselling, but it happened. See what the future holds.

Day 3, no dirt bike. Withdrawal is hard.

Reactions: my6
Never miss! Going early Fri thru late Sat, maybe Sunday. Staying in Marshall, 15 min south.

Last edited:
If I come, it'll be Saturday, almost for sure.

I had the 400 version, funny it was the only one I ever saw! That forward kickstarter was brutal to learn.

Found one I might can afford!
240943011_10225633887742129_3753477511772001273_n.jpg

There are still very few bikes even to go look at in my area right now, and I am not paying retail plus fees for any bike, so that leaves me out of the new bike scene for now. If all these shortages ever calm down, I have an eye on trying a Yamaha 250FX. Maybe in a year or so. They say it has almost the same power down low as a KTM/Husky 350. If Yamaha would ever wake up and put e start on their two strokes I would buy one of those too as a different option. My best racing days were on a two stroke YZ250 many many years ago.

I just never have gelled with my 350 Husky and my race results are terrible. Part of it is getting older and going slower and blaming it on the bike. Been on Euro bikes since 2001. May be time for a change, or maybe quit and get an E MTB. I have been riding my MTB a bunch lately trying to rehab my torn up knee and it is nice to be able to go ride 10 miles of single track and be back to the house in less than two hours, unloaded and on the couch.

Now I sound like Rob looking for pity. Just teasing. :mrgreen:

There are still very few bikes even to go look at in my area right now, and I am not paying retail plus fees for any bike, so that leaves me out of the new bike scene for now. If all these shortages ever calm down, I have an eye on trying a Yamaha 250FX. Maybe in a year or so. They say it has almost the same power down low as a KTM/Husky 350. If Yamaha would ever wake up and put e start on their two strokes I would buy one of those too as a different option. My best racing days were on a two stroke YZ250 many many years ago.

I just never have gelled with my 350 Husky and my race results are terrible. Part of it is getting older and going slower and blaming it on the bike. Been on Euro bikes since 2001. May be time for a change, or maybe quit and get an E MTB. I have been riding my MTB a bunch lately trying to rehab my torn up knee and it is nice to be able to go ride 10 miles of single track and be back to the house in less than two hours, unloaded and on the couch.

Whatever it takes! lol. Times are tough. My riding guy has the Y 250FX. Love it and he does too. Really hard to find.

Looking for pity or a miracle! Short on both. I've thought about the E-Bikes, but I'll still have to haul to a suitable spot and not sure it'd scratch the itch. Brappp

Rob - sorry to hear about your 450 walking away…. don’t worry we will try and make sure your no dirt bike days numbered.

Looking for pity or a miracle! Short on both. I've thought about the E-Bikes, but I'll still have to haul to a suitable spot and not sure it'd scratch the itch. Brappp

Well let us know what you are thinking about as far as a replacement dirt bike and we will all help talk you into it.

Well let us know what you are thinking about as far as a replacement dirt bike and we will all help talk you into it.
I truly don't know where this will end up.

One more thing regarding Diamond Don's vintage meet. You do not need a bike at all. Just walking around and looking at what is there will have you on a motorcycle HIGH like you have never experienced. Guaranteed!

Want to thank @masterblaster for loaning me one of his bikes so we could ride Cycleland Wednesday. He let me use his sweet GG 450, great machine! We had 5 of us up there for a mid-week ride! Thanks again Jerry!

Back