• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: NW DFW - Sunday 01/01/23 - New Year's Day - Buc-ee's to Mi Capricho, Bowie, TX

virtualrc

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Planning a New Year's Day ride to chew on some pavement and gravel NW of DFW. Then a later lunch (12:45ish?) at Mi Capricho. I've never been before so I can't promise a good meal but they will be open New Year's Day.

Meet in the south parking lot of Buc-ee's near Texas Motor Speedway. I'll be on a black and yellow GS. K(ick) S(tands) U(p) at 9:30am.

-Randy

1672522547881.png

GPX viewer

Attachments

• New Years Day - Mi Capricho - Bowie, Tx.gpx
    107.6 KB · Views: 86
Another solo-performance today, no doubt the result of late-notice or perhaps a long NYE night for those who would have otherwise seized the New Year's Day with an inaugural ride.

Highlights of the trip included scoping out a nice spot for playing in the dirt/mud just off of N Green Elm Road just north of Wizard Wells
1672618801778.png

IMG_4387.jpeg

Then some fast paced road and gravel play from Coca-Cola Ranch Road all the way up to Cundiff and through Crafton to Bowie.
IMG_4399.jpeg

IMG_4397.jpeg

Then some legit Mexican at Mi Capricho. Very busy and added to the list for future rides in the area. Apologies for the half-eaten food shot but I feel it's justified. Good
Birria and tamales. It's a big menu so if you're not feeling particularly Mexican I think you'll be taken care of.
IMG_4400.jpeg

Then some more spirited road and gravel as I made my way over to Forestburg then Alvord.

Final tally for the day was 216mi at just under 5 hours.

Sounds like a nice day. I went to High School in Bowie in the early 70's. Have not had a chance to try Mi Capricho yet.

Next time you are near Wizard Wells go north on 380 and look for a road named Coke Cola Ranch, it will take you to Cundiff, go north east ( left turn near cemetery) on Cundiff-Crafton Rd, when you get to 2127 turn right and go through Crafton and take CR 1895 over to Park Springs. When you get to Highway 101 go across it and take the first left. You should see a old hand pump in the middle of town( or what left). This is mostly dirt / gravel roads. When I had my V-Strom I did a lot of wander around these back roads.

Back