• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Off to Camp Wood and Beyond

Reaction score
Probably should concentrate on trying to make some dough and all, but there's no significant rain chances for the rest of the week and I've been meaning to take the motorcycle (Honda NC700X) out to get packing resorted, maybe camp a little, see some friends in Camp Wood, Texas... and use up the last of my rear tire's tread, etc. before getting her ready for longer trips.

Realized my last 3-4 trips have either been bus, plane, backpack and it took awhile to find a way to get all my stuff strapped onto the scooter. She's all ready now, at least I think so, and I'll take the next few days to see what else she needs and fine tune my packing.

The NC700X now is coming up on 24,000 and still running like it did when it was new. :)

Off to the Hill Country to see the last Texas Canyon, ride the "3 Sisters" and check out the cool and groovy new vintage camper lodge that just opened for biz!

It's a new place some friends have been working on for a few months. Vintage campers. I don't know what they're charging, but I think they're catering to motorcycle folks. I'm going to stay there a couple nights I think to check it out. I don't see pricing on their site yet, but I'll find out while I'm there and post pics.

http://www.cablecabin.net

https://instagram.com/p/1uQaqMG6Ag/

Last edited:
Great tip Skip

Looks like a cool place to stay

Really interested in the old RV trailers since I've been watching Flippin' RVs on the HGTV network (I think it is).

Flyte Camp Vintage Trailers

Yeah, I think it's a really cool idea. You get all the fun of vintage camping without having to do all the towing and set up. Heading that way first, hoping to stay a night or two before moving on to camp at least 1 or 2 nights somewhere between Austin and Camp wood before getting back by Friday night.

Oh, and the owners Casey and Chris Bolt also ride, so they're definitely biker friendly. :)

286484_94b61463eb594e38b2568c845581afb5.jpg_srz_p_495_555_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.jpg

Better get in the shower and head out. More later!

Last edited:
Stayed at this place! More info and details coming... awesome place for a small group and cheap!

11188400_10153281645111926_3076694678643173917_n.jpg

Ok, here's the info about this place I stayed (Cable Cabin Court in Camp Wood, Texas - basecamp for the 3-Sisters) It's my friend's place, but I gain nothing from any bookings. It's just a really great option I wanted to share.

The owners, Casey and Christy, want to cater to small groups instead of individuals. So, when you rent this place, you're getting the whole place to yourselves for the weekend. There's a privacy fence all the way around.

They've just opened so they're still working on pricing, but they'll honor this introductory pricing for awhile I think.

They're charging for a Thursday to Sunday afternoon, 4 days 3 nights, $50 a person (minimum 4 people). I think they can accommodate up to about 18 people but you should confirm that with them. That works out to just over $16 a night! That's less than freakin' tent camping in the area.

There's fast wifi, hot showers, kitchen, patio gas grill, vintage campers and the Cable Cabin that sleeps about 6-8 I think. That's where I stayed. It's the tan building by the metal horse.

The bathhouse has towels and a washer/dryer as well.

I've ridden the 3-sisters several times and each time I explore more little country roads off of it. Such a great area to explore on a bike and the other parks like Lost Maples, Garner State Park, and Kickapoo State park are cool too. I didn't get to see Kickapoo this time because it's only open now from Friday 8AM until 4:30PM on Mondays (due to budget cuts I'm assuming)

Anyway, it's really awesome to not have to set up camp or worry if you're sleeping in the rain, etc. Or, have to carry all your camping stuff on the bike. It's fun to camp for sure. I still love it and there's nothing like hammock camping either, but when the weather turns and you're 4hrs from Austin, it's nice to just pull up on the bike and be done. There's also a beverage barn and grocery story walking distance away.

For people on sport bikes, coming all the way from Austin, Dallas, or Houston... you don't need to carry anything with you but a change of clothes and a shower kit. They even give you towels. If you've been wanting to hang out in the Nueces, Frio, Concan, 3-Sisters region for a few days, I'd jump on this before word gets out. :)

If you have any other questions or want to reserve, just contact them through their web site. I don't think they have any pricing listed yet, but you can reference the info I've provided and they're honor it for awhile I'm assuming.

Owners are Casey and Christy Bolt: http://www.cablecabin.net

I'll put this in the vendors section too in case it's not cool to share it here. I just stayed there for 4 nights and LOVED it. Granted, I was a guest of my friends but speaking from experience, this a steal for bikers, riders, etc. who want to explore the area like I did.

(PS. Just tried to post this in the vendors section and it said I didn't have permission to post there. Is that a paid thing? Anyway, the info is above... just wanted to share it with fellow riders)

Last edited:
Back