• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Old Men on Dirt Bikes

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Trimm
Does anyone know if this group is still active..? Myself and a friend want to get back into dirt riding and looking for group to ride with. TIA.

The Meetup site doesn't get much traffic, most of it is done on SB's FB link. Jeff Bryan is the moving force at this time. Of course forest is closed but they hit the Woods track at 3 Palms and occasionally Rio Bravo.

Thanks, I don’t do FB but the wife does, I will try there.

I'm a member of old dudes on dirt bikes, in fact I'm still in the pic on their cover shot. I'm not riding dirt a lot lately , but I used to go over to east Texas and ride with them in the past. lots of good folks to ride with. Not all old guys and some are fast, old or not. I have it on the Meet up forum.

I have been trying to join on Meetup for at least a month but it shows pending.

I have been trying to join on Meetup for at least a month but it shows pending.
Just checked I can't approve it, I'm only an event organizer. As I said the app gets very little traffic now. Most folks setup meets on Facebook using various pages.

try:
Sam Houston National Forest Multi Use Trail system

Last edited:
H.A.R.D. Houston-Adventure/Road/Dualsport

Get info on forest and guys to ride with, d/s or trails.

and

Old Dudes On Dirt Bikes!!!

I'd share links but goes to my personal timeline which isn't a good idea, lol.

I looked at Bravo’s web site it shows they are only open on Saturdays and Sundays..? How are the trails there. I’ve checked with SHNF but they are closed now, is that normal for this time of the year.?

I've only raced TORCS at Rio Bravo. The actual trail system on site is very small. But supposedly you can ride "endless" miles along the bayou.

SHNF had monsoon this year, lot of damage. It's being worked on now. Their standards have to be met.

Sam info here...

Back