• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outdoor Nationals

Reaction score
Rd.1 @ Pala one week away. Going to be exciting. I hope Tomac's knee don't become an issue. Stewart is sitting out from a similar deal. But he's not much of an outdoor guy anyway.
Roczen's, Dungy's, & Cairoli's pace will be interesting to watch play out. With Webb needing some R&R (don't we all) it looks to be working out pretty good for KTM. I am really glad to see Husky, & Kawi, hire fill in riders, Mc'Elrath, Savatgy. I hope Anderson can find balance with the speed he showed & stay upright. Motivation & confidence are a big deal & he's got them both right now.
Having Xfinity service, to watch, I got a monthly MAVTV+ subscription ($7.57) & set up our ROKU TV to receive MAV streaming.

I need to figure out what I need to do to watch before Saturday. Looking forward to this year, with Dungey's return. Also excited to see Cairoli get spanked again and go back home by round 6 like he did 20 years ago after running his mouth. Maybe he has matured a little.

Seems like it is set up pretty good for Ferrandis again this year. There is not a stronger outdoor rider than DF , he is on a top shelf team with a proven motorcycle, and he has a several week headstart on getting his bike dialed in since he quit SX early this year.

I need to figure out what I need to do to watch before Saturday.
You'll need to sign up for a MAVTV subscription. I'm just doing the monthly for $7/mo. Not sure if it will be like Peacock though, were they archive it so you can watch it later if you aren't able to watch the live broadcast.

You'll need to sign up for a MAVTV subscription. I'm just doing the monthly for $7/mo. Not sure if it will be like Peacock though, were they archive it so you can watch it later if you aren't able to watch the live broadcast.
Only way to watch? I haven't even thought much about it. Not sure I like outdoors enough to start another subscription.

Only way to watch? I haven't even thought much about it. Not sure I like outdoors enough to start another subscription.
I am gonna cancel Peacock for now and start my Mav subscription. If your provider has MAV TV in their channel line up, you can watch it that way. I figure there are way more worse things to watch (anything about current events for example) as as long as the MAV ap archives it where I can watch it when I want to, it will be worth it to me to pay for a few months during the outdoor season.

I find myself watching less and less of anything on TV, so this is way better than any regular programming.

As far as I know it is. I'm doing the monthly plan though, so I can cancel after the series ends. At $7/ mo., that's like $1.25/race. In the words of our thief-in-chief, C'mon man!

Yeah, but I'm hoping it'll be available soon after, so if I'm working days, I can catch it when I get home. With Peacock, it would usually be available to view within an hour of the event ending. Hoping it will be the same.

Anyone successful getting Mavtv to work? I can't login; just keeps timing out with error message!

Yeah, it kept sending me to the regular MAVTV website, where they had a statement saying MAVTV Plus was having problems, so click on a link to watch it through the regular app (I guess with ads?). It worked, but kept having streaming interruptions; very frustrating considering I paid for the subscription.

I guess it's early, but so far, MAVTV Plus sucks! Guess I'll give it another week, but it it doesn't work again, I'm cancelling. Sure wish they would have just left it with Peacock; that worked flawlessly, and the archived race was ready to be watched within an hour or less of the conclusion. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, it kept sending me to the regular MAVTV website, where they had a statement saying MAVTV Plus was having problems, so click on a link to watch it through the regular app (I guess with ads?). It worked, but kept having streaming interruptions; very frustrating considering I paid for the subscription.

MAVTV plus has ads too. Not like the old Peacock stream. Wasn't too happy to find that out.

Watched most of it at work on a desktop. Was going to subscribe, but kept timing out. Went to the main MAVTV website which said they were having technical issues. To ensure it could be watched, they had a button on the home page and I got the entire race for free. Like Rydah said, I had 2 or 3 points where the streaming locked for about a second. But other than that, no problems. Hope they get their technical issues figured out by next week or have the free button again.

B223CF63-7F08-4806-9A5F-B2D5D564D7F5.png

Somebody’s a little confused about manufacturers. :lol2:

Wow, where was that from? LOL, the Gas Gas guys are probably popping champagne!

Where'd you find that?Looks like 1 may be correct, not familiar with last 3 names.

Someone posted it on TT; not sure where it came from. Funny thing is the first time I saw it, I didn't even notice anything until I saw Mosiman on a Honda and thought to myself, "Doesn't he ride for GasGas?". After that, I woke up and noticed all the other mistakes. I can kinda understand mistaking Gas Gas and Honda as both are red, but that when you mistake a green bike for a red one, then it's time to hang it up.

Last edited:
Weege was fine. It was interesting to have Johnson and McGrath for a different viewpoint. Cool that they were a one time guest. However, most of the rest was spotty. I'm assuming they have a new production company doing the coverage now and they are still sorting things out. Technical issues streaming are another issue, but I didn't have that. I get MavTV through YoutubeTV and it worked fine.

Weege was fine. It was interesting to have Johnson and McGrath for a different viewpoint. Cool that they were a one time guest. However, most of the rest was spotty. I'm assuming they have a new production company doing the coverage now and they are still sorting things out. Technical issues streaming are another issue, but I didn't have that. I get MavTV through YoutubeTV and it worked fine.
Did you have to add Mav to your YouTubeTV or was it part of your standard package? I have YTTV but MavTV isn’t included.

Did you have to add Mav to your YouTubeTV or was it part of your standard package? I have YTTV but MavTV isn’t included.
there is a sports package that add some extra football stuff, BEIN network and includes MavTV. The nice thing about the package is that I cancel it in the months that don't have sports I follow. So I just fired it back up and will keep it through football season. Not a football or soccer fan? cancel when motocross ends.

Back