• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #207 - "Glamour Shot" (ENTRY) Due Midnight 11/27/22

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Post your entry for #196 Glamour Shot here...

Closing Date: 11/27/2022 Midnight

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected, and post only your picture. Lobbying for one's image in not necessary.

Comments will be deleted without warning until then.

stQ78y23M2t2hFd4f6XRgwriUnxzGlszk5O1h0WPuo9Q=w1000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the entries this time...

Here's my assessment of the shots.

Jeff -
Awesome shot. Almost like it could have some black text over the top left advertising BMW's. The muted pallet of colors works well as does the depth of field drawing the eye to the bike and not the environment. The emotional draw is apparent.... love of riding in a beautiful place. Normally super bright hotspots draw the eye to them and retain focus. But in this case a weird dynamic is going on. I saw the headlight first, then went directly to the sun and directly back to the headlight. The sun didn't overpower the content. Rather, added accordingly to it. My only nit is the black spot where the oil cooler is. I would think just a hair of EV in post there would have shown what's there instead of black.

Rob -
Awesome shot as well. I really like the the colors with this one all around and then the red popping out. That's a nice use of contrast that doesn't go overboard, and it draws your eye to the main subject. I love the mystery behind the shot and the trail behind the bike. Nice use of depth of field to capture that mystery. And that lone tire track just adds to the layers. My only little nit is the lone leaf/twigs in the front wheel. The bike is so darn clean, that little distraction is noticed.

I have to admit this is a tough one for me. I think both entries are very well done and met the objective, no doubt about that. Yet I have to choose one and this time around the nod is to Jeff. The subdued and 'dreamy' look was the tipping item.

Congrats Jeff. You're on deck for #208 so look for a DM shortly.

Back