• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #210 - "Anything Goes. Well... almost anything" (Assignment)

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
This round is super simple. Take a picture of anything (within the forum rules) and post it! If you're creating photographic fine art, post it. If you're cooking that all-night brisket, post it. If you're riding some twisty road and see a safe place to park, post it. If you're riding the bicycle through a cool park, post it. If your dog or cat is acting goofy, post it. Attending your kids soccer game? Post it. Yes, it's that simple.

The whole idea of this is to simply capture an image that you think is cool and do it in the coolest of ways to let us know what you're seeing.

You're probably asking "hey M - how 'ya 'gonna judge this one"? Simple - the image that jumps out at me for whatever reasons will be selected.

Use this thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 00:01 March 06, 2023 and midnight/2400, Sunday April 02, 2023.

IMG_20230217_125613234.jpg

What is it? Good pic? Bad?

View attachment 342659

What is it? Good pic? Bad?
That's the "spirit"! :-)

yeah, it caught your eye so you captured it which is the whole point of this round. Nice job.

I'm guessing it's not the fairy ice because of the volume/clearness of some of the shoots. Definitely ice from something dripping, but I have no idea. Hmmm.... upon further review, something splashing in a pyrex dish when it's stupid cold outside?

Good/Bad? I think it's got great bones.... The B&W is cool. I'd probably have played with contrast a bit to see what happens. Probably would have shot it from a bit different angle if I had the opportunity to not have those hard corners/lip in the top left of what I presume is a glass pyrex dish. OR... would have looked at getting down really low and including that 'dish' in the shot as an element. I love splash shots as they are unique from any other structure created on earth.

Thanks Scott. It's just an oversized ice cube in a fake yeti thermos. The pattern of the expansion (or whatever it is) caught my eye so I snapped it with my moto g phone.

The corners you see are the edges of the ice cube. Oh, it's monochromatic only because that's the only colors there were lol

Thanks Scott. It's just an oversized ice cube in a fake yeti thermos. The pattern of the expansion (or whatever it is) caught my eye so I snapped it with my moto g phone.

The corners you see are the edges of the ice cube. Oh, it's monochromatic only because that's the only colors there were lol
Wow. Now I see the clear edges of the ice cube. Never would have thought that one...

If you get another cube like that, play with different angles. Try a flashlight from a different angle, or put a piece of colored plastic or something over the flashlight to put some weirdness into it. Just spitballing here....

….
“Use this thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection.”

Does this mean one can post a candidate photo here AND in the entry thread? Just wondering….

….
“Use this thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection.”

Does this mean one can post a candidate photo here AND in the entry thread? Just wondering….
Yup. If you have an image you can post it here and people can/will comment. It can be prior work, or if you're considering putting it in the ENTRY thread as long as it meets the date/forum rules criteria. Call this assignment thread a discussion area of an image. Only images submitted in the ENTRY thread will be considered for the assignment. One image per userid only, please.

Us boondocking near Port aux Basques, Newfoundland. I never got to share this pic with the truck camper crowd, so here it is.
Sunset.jpg

Slide outs on a slide in…. Didn’t know that existed. Cool pic. Was it staged for the shot or do you transit with them out? Or spent the night right there?

Slide outs on a slide in…. Didn’t know that existed. Cool pic. Was it staged for the shot or do you transit with them out? Or spent the night right there?
Oh man, some of them are HUGE. I've seen some that were really questionable on whether or not they should have been on a 1-ton or something much larger. This one for example is basically 5k lbs dry. But stuff in there and partially fill the tanks that that thing could pretty quickly get to 6500-7000lbs.

Oh man, some of them are HUGE. I've seen some that were really questionable on whether or not they should have been on a 1-ton or something much larger. This one for example is basically 5k lbs dry. But stuff in there and partially fill the tanks that that thing could pretty quickly get to 6500-7000lbs.

You mean like this infamous one?

While I might be a little biased in thinking he is a handsome little fella, I didn't like this pose as much as the one in the entry. This one is standard dog portrait work and works really well, but we've all seen it a thousand times before. But he is still one heck of a cutie! AND I LOVE taking these types of photos with a long lens. I always thought at first, "man, I need to do all of these with my trusty 85mm." That was until I started messing around with 200-400mm! :)

Fritz Contest Entry-2.jpg

More messing around with the camera tonight. I'm not a fan of the distractions of the surface imperfections on the chess board, and I'm not a fan of the model selection for the portrait work either. :lol2:

2023 March Photo Contest-1.jpg

2023 March Photo Contest-2.jpg

That was our camp for the night. Wife was already crashed and I caught that sunset by myself. That is an Eagle Cap 960 and we're payload matched to the truck. Handles like a dream. Duramax is the bomb. (Hopefully my 2016 LML will not become a bomb, but you know what I mean).

Back