• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #212- Big! (Assignment)

DFW_Warrior

Hmmmm.....
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Everyone, for photo contest #212 I want to try something a little abstract and see where you all take it. For contest #212 the subject matter is Big! That's it, that is all you get from me. Take a photo and convey Big! I think this will be a fun one.

Post any photos here for feedback or discussion, and I'll try to get some up here for examples. Use this Assignment thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 00:01 May 2, 2023 and midnight/2400, May 31, 2023.

Just remember, "big" can be relative. :wary: :D
51A257D7-1CB9-450F-B233-9AECE49997A0.jpeg

When I took a road trip from Austin to Flagstaff back in 2018, I stopped by the radio observatory near Datil, NM. Great place. I wonder how clear the night sky is at... night.

Datil 3.jpg

My wife and I will be in Belfast, UK, in June and too late for this entry. We plan to see the Titanic Museum and also the cranes Samson & Goliath.

hmm, I need to get busy to make the 31st deadline.
If I'd have gone with SWIMBO to Portland, I might have posted up something like this I took years ago.
1684897143629.png

I'm struggling on this one.... First thing came to mind was Macro, but that just makes the subject big, and doesn't really convey big.

I missed my majestic, big thunderhead shot opportunity last week. Plan X?

Back