• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #214 - Pollinators (Assignment) - Due midnight, July 30, 2023

Reaction score
Slow down and listen for the buzzing of the bees. Can you catch one?

Summertime is a perfect time to find all kinds of pollinators buzzing around the garden. Bees, butterflies, even wasps, oh my! Sounds easy, but boy do they move quickly!
Shots can be macro, zoom, or anything in between.

Post any photos here for feedback or discussion. Use this Assignment thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection. ASK QUESTIONS if you have them! Bounce ideas off one another. Have fun!

Two recent bee photos attached as examples.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment. But please, no AI creations.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 4:00 pm July 3 and midnight, July 30, 2023.

Bee_1.jpg

JEDrumm--8.jpg

Last edited:
Prior shots.... Not my strong suit for sure so this will be a challenge for me.

Very much alive and capable of stinging...
20100322 026-2.jpg

Very much dead and willing to sit for a portrait or three...
DSC_4927.jpg

SPF it is so good to hear you on forum and I know you and your family are loving your new home. Hot and dry south of T'orndale.
Can't enter this but I took this last week. I will take camera phone to garden just in case . Mrs walking stick is like me we are both "Waiting for 5 1/2 inches of rain from the heavens." I will be looking for an opportunity. I like bugs and most can pollinate, but some are swifter than others.
7-4-23 walking stick.jpg

SPF it is so good to hear you on forum and I know you and your family are loving your new home. Hot and dry south of T'orndale.
Can't enter this but I took this last week. I will take camera phone to garden just in case . Mrs walking stick is like me we are both "Waiting for 5 1/2 inches of rain from the heavens." I will be looking for an opportunity. I like bugs and most can pollinate, but some are swifter than others.
View attachment 353529
Hi! Good to hear from you. We do love it here. Just got back from a kayak and swim in the lake, great way to spend a hot summer evening.

That is quite a walking stick! I'm sure you have a lot of fun pollinators in the garden to photograph. I hope rain comes soon.

Quick reminder that we are fast approaching the end of the month. Post your photos in the entry thread. :-). Better to have pollinators in your garden than flying into your helmet (been there - not fun!).
JEDrumm-9240614.jpg

Jennifer

Back