• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #217 - Subject: Candy (Assignment) - Due midnight, Nov 3, 2023

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Candy.

I was listening to the radio this weekend and Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson came on with the song Candy (which I've always liked). That got me thinking about candy, and since this IS October and the month has Halloween, let's have some fun with candy. Any image of candy which is creative, fun, whimsical, serious, has or doesn't have people, full or eaten to some extent.... well - you get the idea. Have fun with this one.

Post any photos here for feedback or discussion. Use this Assignment thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection. ASK QUESTIONS if you have them! Bounce ideas off one another. Have fun!

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment. But please, no AI creations.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 6pm Oct 1 and midnight, Nov 3, 2023.

Here's one I shot a while back for Assignment #39/Color.
PA39-Color-6069.jpg

Candy.

I was listening to the radio this weekend and Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson came on with the song Candy (which I've always liked).

I was always partial to Marcy's Playgrounds version of a song about Candy.:nana:

This one has potential for some creative interpretations. So rally master for this one... how is candy defined.... Sugar after all is found in many many many consumable products and can be candy figuratively as well as literally.

I was always partial to Marcy's Playgrounds version of a song about Candy.:nana:

This one has potential for some creative interpretations. So rally master for this one... how is candy defined.... Sugar after all is found in many many many consumable products and can be candy figuratively as well as literally.
I was thinking along the lines of the sugary chocolate or flavored edible stuff... I can certainly see where candy could be construed to be something like "eye candy" and the like too.

I referenced Halloween and posted a pic of candy. That's where my brain was headed. Yet you open up an interesting creative avenue I had not considered.

I'll leave it up to the discretion of the entrant of what candy is.

Keeping with the spirit of candy aisle / candy store randomness. I spent the last 2 weeks in Abu Dhabi and this was the end cap of the candy/snack food aisle in a grocery store.

Gummy Pizza anyone... how about some Smog Balls?

i-Zt8sVfW-X2.jpg

Back