• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #218 - Thanksgiving Side Dishes (Assignment) - Due midnight, Dec 3, 2023

Reaction score
Thanksgiving Side Dishes -
Thanksgiving may shine its spotlight on turkey and ham, but we're fully aware that the true unsung heroes of the holiday table are the side dishes. These culinary delights carry the weight of tradition, representing family bonds and cherished memories, always a reliable presence in the chorus of "pass me the ___," they stand ready to indulge eager and grateful palates.

So for the assignment this holiday season - Show Those Sides!

Post any photos here for feedback or discussion. Use this Assignment thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection. ASK QUESTIONS if you have them! Bounce ideas off one another. Have fun!

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment. But please, no AI creations.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between 6pm Nov 8 and midnight, Dec 3, 2023.

.....it's only 9:35am and now I'm hungry for stuffing, sweet potatoes, and that green bean casserole. Thanks, Brock. lol

How to make moms sage cornbread dressing look as good as it tastes.... that'll be a challenge, for sure.

.....it's only 9:35am and now I'm hungry for stuffing, sweet potatoes, and that green bean casserole. Thanks, Brock. lol
Awh yeah! It's the best part and even better on that second round reheated casserole.

How to make moms sage cornbread dressing look as good as it tastes.... that'll be a challenge, for sure.
I know what you mean. My Midwest Grandmothers Oyster dressing was a famous right of passage for any incoming new family members to earn a place
at the the big table. Unlike your Moms sage cornbread (that sounds wonderful) the oyster dressing would not only be unphotogenic but an "acquired" taste as well, lol.

Last edited:
I’m picturing some toddler in a high-chair with more food (sides) on their face than on the plate…. Anybody got a kid I can borrow for a bit? 📸

I had a running joke one year about green bean casserole with a cousin, and she made me a tiny glazed ceramic pin of a green bean casserole complete with onion topping, about 1" x 1.25" I'll have to see if I can find it.

Back