• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #220 - New Beginnings (Assignment) - Due midnight Feb 4, 2024

Reaction score
First Name
Garon
The start of the New Year brings many resolutions. Some are tangible and some not so tangible. Some you share and some you keep to yourself. But does the start of something always need to begin on a certain date, or when you make that decision for a change, or are there new beginnings big and small happening around us every day… and all you need to do is just open (or close) your eyes to witness them?

Use this thread to post up images that you have taken that you like or would like feedback on and use the ENTRY thread for posting your final selection.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment. But please, no straight up AI creations.

3) All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between January 1, 2024 through February 4, 2024.

Last edited:
One of my favorite things to do in the garden is make more of what I just ate, from the exact same plant. Unfortunately, we have a 'one and done' society which is filling up our landfills too quickly, and much of the organic material is just waiting for new life. Look around a forest where plants and animals live and die each day, fall to the ground, and are picked up by some other plant or animal to continue its life through the transfer of its carefully constructed molecules. If someone was to pick up that lush organic material all over the forest floor, and call it 'trash', then life in the forest as we know it would never replenish itself. It would die.

New Beginnings.... At our house, all organics are thrown into the compost pile. The compost fills our raised garden beds. Pieces of older and uneaten green onions (and just about any other vegetable) are placed in the garden. That 'throw away' plant is still full of life, and wants nothing more than to survive. And so it digs its roots into the composted ground, and shoots one more stalk in the air with its seeds, all to begin again.

1-5-24 budding onion.jpg

So I have this concept in mind..... Hmm. Not sure exactly to pull it off though.

Anybody else still pondering this assignment?

not sure how to capture my bone marrow transplant in a photo. ;)

Back