• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Work

@4loftins@sbcglobal.net
Keep strong, knowing that the Lord is with you and that He's watching over you and your Family... Don't lose faith, He has a plan for us all and as others have said one door has to closes so another can open.... always keep your door open to Christ.. we're all going to be tested, keep your faith unwavering

Praying for you now 👍🏻👍🏻
Thank you sir!

Howdy Gents,

I realize I am new to the group but I saw the prayer request thread and thought I would put it out there. I am gonna be laid off soon and have 2 boys in college.

Praying that God will open another door for my in my field.

I attached my LinkedIn profile below.

Thanks in advance for prayers!

Scott Loftin
Veteran USAF

Gents, I wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has reached out with prayer support and words of encouragement.

Update: I am still looking. I engaged two headhunters this week. I have worked hard for 20+ years in my field and would like to find something commensurate with my credentials. (Consumer and mortgage compliance officer, licensed) I am totally willing to take a step or two down as I am not proud.

I don't want to start over in another field at a massive paycut. At least not as a long term plan.

If I dont find something by the end of February, I am going to look nationally. The market is that bad. This will be difficult as I have 2 sons in college and my wife and I are caring for two elderly moms. I would have to leave my family entirely for work.

(My rear axle completely shelled out on my truck this week. Great timing.)

Thank you again to all of my new friends for your prayers! 🤠

Lord Jesus, please open a door close to home. Let's see what He does?

Meanwhile, lets ride! I ride on the street and dirt. Hit me up. I could use the distraction. :)

The body won't take dirt anymore, and I'm starting to worry about street, the bikes still broke and I'm busier than two crows in a bucket 'o bugs.
But I'll keep the hope light on for ya! :thumb:

Check out Churchill mortgage. They may have something in Texas but I can say they have been a delight to use as a consumer.

Which bike and what's wrong with it?

24 year old Road Glide. The o-rings on the tank disconnects went bad, but then a line in the tank broke and the strainer is junk.
I've had all the parts for some time, but not the time to do it and it appears I have mold in the house somewhere.
I'd spend 7 days a week at my friends shop ramping his production business back up, but the search is on here for the source.
Thankfully, test says NOT in the HVAC!!
This too shall pass.

Hey, Scott. I haven't bumped into you before, but you'll be on my prayer list. Also, let me invite you to check out the Bible Verse of the Day thread. It's a nice place to drop in briefly each morning, read an inspiring verse or two, and maybe even pick up a 30-second devo thought.

A few places to consider that immediately jump to mind from checking your Linkedin:

Velocity Credit Union (Austin based)
TDECU (based in Houston area)
USAA (very pro-Veteran)

Howdy Gents,

I realize I am new to the group but I saw the prayer request thread and thought I would put it out there. I am gonna be laid off soon and have 2 boys in college.

Praying that God will open another door for my in my field.

I attached my LinkedIn profile below.

Thanks in advance for prayers!

Scott Loftin
Veteran USAF

Gents, I wanted to say thank you for the prayers. I am still actively looking and praying. My LinkedIn e-card is in this thread if you want to assist with networking.

Hope to see everyone in Junction! 🤠

Scott Loftin
Veteran USAF

Back