• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

Cleared to eat ice cream. Water and thin fluids are next, Woo Hooo.

Please pray for Zac today(Wed 3/21). He is having surgery @ 9:00 @Baylor Dallas. He is having a heavier gold weight in his right eyelid and a piece of tendon from his thigh in his lower eyelids. This will help his eyelids close better to keep his eyes moistened to protect his corneas. Thanks for your prayers!

Any word on the results of the recent eye surgery?

Posted by Zac yesterday afternoon

Zac Chapman

Thanks for the prayers! The surgery went smoothly, now I'm just recovering, a bit swollen but not bad. I would've updated sooner but still have blurry vision which makes this tricky. The Dr/surgeon told me I could resume therapy today. I planned to but opted out due to still having blurry vision. He also said my weekend plans of attending the roadraces in College Station were good to go! Most of all I'm healthy! Praise God!

Zac at the CMRA races at TWS. Still not ready to drink water at will, but he is improving steadily. His eyes are a little swollen and black due to surgery. I should have asked him more questions, but a lot was going on and our friend Jon Broom was also under the canopy. I believe that they put gold weights in his upper eyelids to help him blink. He's still a little hard to understand, but not as bad as when I saw him last, about 4 months ago.

P3250434.jpg

I forgot to mention that he is walking with the help of a walker. One of the ones with 2 wheels and 2 tennis ball covered legs.

I forgot to mention that he is walking with the help of a walker. One of the ones with 2 wheels and 2 tennis ball covered legs.

Fantastic. The kids will be thrilled to hear that as it is something we have been praying for specifically, that he not be 100% confined to a wheel chair.

Zac's recovery has been nothing short of miraculous, but I understand he has a long way to go. I trust that the determination and drive that served him so well as a racer will help him make an awesome recovery from his injuries. God bless, Zac, and keep on doing what you are doing!

Zac's recovery has been nothing short of miraculous, but I understand he has a long way to go. I trust that the determination and drive that served him so well as a racer will help him make an awesome recovery from his injuries. God bless, Zac, and keep on doing what you are doing!

+1

Quote from Zac on the 3rd anniversity of his crash:

‎"3 years ago today I started a new adventure! I've made it this far due to the COUNTLESS blessings from God & y'all! The best is yet to come! I've learned to be thankful for each breath inhaled, which was an easy thing to overlook & take for granted before. Thank you!"

Zac's been a fairly regular visitor to the CMRA races, he made it up to Hallett last month and maybe we'll see him at MSR Cresson nearer to his home this coming weekend.

He's always in high spirit but obviously it's a very rough row to hoe every day for him, Fred and the family.

Couple questions for my kids.

Can he eat regular food yet, as in chew it and swallow it himself?

Can he walk without a walker, even if with a cane?

They have been praying specifically for both nightly for a long time.

I saw Zac and Fred at TWS last weekend. I loaned my camera to a buddy so no pics. He recently fell in the garage and has 6 stitches over his eye. He still uses a walker and trying not to use a walker is what caused his fall. He's in good spirits and his speach is getting better. I didn't have to ask him to repeat himself near as often as I did earlier this year.

From facebook: Earlier today I had a swallow study, I'm now cleared to drink non-thickened drinks & eat rice!

Woo Hoo, plain water at last. Scott, tell you children that he can now chew and swallow without choking. Everything goes down the right hole.

I saw Zac and Fred at TWS last weekend. I loaned my camera to a buddy so no pics. He recently fell in the garage and has 6 stitches over his eye. He still uses a walker and trying not to use a walker is what caused his fall. He's in good spirits and his speach is getting better. I didn't have to ask him to repeat himself near as often as I did earlier this year.

From facebook: Earlier today I had a swallow study, I'm now cleared to drink non-thickened drinks & eat rice!

Woo Hoo, plain water at last. Scott, tell you children that he can now chew and swallow without choking. Everything goes down the right hole.

:tab Good news indeed. They still mention him every night when we ask who they want to pray for, and we specifically pray for him to be able to eat normal foods again and to be able to walk without a walker.

I was just wondering how Zac's been doing these days. I hope he and his family had an excellent Christmas and many blessings!

He walked into church last Sunday with the aid of a walker. No wheel chair.

He walked into church last Sunday with the aid of a walker. No wheel chair.

That is totally awesome! We still pray for him every night. The kids will be excited to hear this! Still praying though that he will eventually walk without any need for a walker, cane, etc,...

What about the food issue? Can he eat regular food yet without any problems?

Eyes still doing well?

Back