• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers Requested for Me and My Family

Prayers lifted Lee. I hope you find comfort in each other as you reflect the impacts your wife had and probably still have on you and the kids.

I will say a prayer for you and your family in my nightly prayer tonight.

Prayers lifted for that peace that passes all understanding.

You've got it. That first year is hard, with all the first times doing things without the loved one. I know this way too well.

Paul when he penned this knew exactly the way we feel when a loved one goes on before us. God knows you are hurting. This old world can be tough. I read Psalms 91 and Psalms 23 when hurting to lay hold of God's great and precious promises. His word anchors our souls. God will bless you and keep your household Lee King.
Philippians 4:6-7 amplified version is God's promise to you Lee and your family.
Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God. 7 And the peace of God [that peace which reassures the heart, that peace] which transcends all understanding, [that peace which] stands guard over your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus [is yours].

Philippians 1:6
I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].

My wife passed away suddenly in March and this will be our first Christmas without her. Prayers for the 4 of us would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
(Returning long-time member)
Sad to hear your loss…..passing as many positive vibes your way (I’m not religious)

Our family has been praying for a lot of folks for this very reason. My Dad passed away in March. We just did our first Thanksgiving without him. Mom did pretty well, even while we were setting up and decorating her Christmas tree, something Dad always enjoyed doing with the grand kids. Our pastor lost his wife to brain cancer two weeks ago. The found out she had it the week of their 50th anniversary, last June. This loss has hit the whole church pretty hard because she was really special. We've lost several other older friends lately, one Thanksgiving morning. We've been to three funerals in as many weeks. So, we will continue to pray for those families that are going through the holidays with fresh losses, and for those that many be alone with no one to lose...

Somehow, someway, such holidays (especially Christmas) seem to turn into celebrations of the loved one's life if you let it, somewhat easing the pain of loss.
Having just lost 6 friends all at once and a beloved machine, this thing I say will be truly tested in the coming days.
The celebration part is what I wish for you and us all. Tears are a part of the journey and are sorrow leaving the soul.
Let them flow freely and smiles will soon return.

Everyone handles this stuff differently. Trying to carry on family holiday traditions that were mostly reliant on her could be a sad time or a chance to remember. All I can offer you for sure is that one day your memories will stop hurting and will become a reason to smile and be grateful for your time together. Endure until that day comes. And it will.

Our family has been praying for a lot of folks for this very reason. My Dad passed away in March. We just did our first Thanksgiving without him. Mom did pretty well, even while we were setting up and decorating her Christmas tree, something Dad always enjoyed doing with the grand kids. Our pastor lost his wife to brain cancer two weeks ago. The found out she had it the week of their 50th anniversary, last June. This loss has hit the whole church pretty hard because she was really special. We've lost several other older friends lately, one Thanksgiving morning. We've been to three funerals in as many weeks. So, we will continue to pray for those families that are going through the holidays with fresh losses, and for those that many be alone with no one to lose...
Thank you, Scott. I had forgotten that your dad passed.

And thank all of you for lifting up prayers or sending good thoughts our way. It is appreciated.

God bless,

Lee

Back