• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reader's Digest condensed version.

Reaction score
First Name
Dennie
Last Name
Spears
I started a ride today, until I get tired. I take pictures with my camera and with my elderly phone. I can't post camera pictures until I get home, so as I ride along, I'll post a few pics from my phone and do a full version when I get home. I went to Montana with a neighbor for a Spartan race. He dropped me off in Sheridan, Wyoming at 2:00 AM. I begin my ride.

IMG_20230508_015401904.jpg

IMG_20230508_014207145_HDR.jpg

Had planed on being across the mountain from Sheridan in a week for the summer but some last minuet work issues came up delaying my departure for a week or so . If you go west over the mountain on 14 you’ll go through my summer home in Shell WY . Still plenty of snow in the high country but the roads are clear , 14 A is probably still closed .

14A is open. I'll probably head that direction In a few days. I'm pretty tired from two of us driving straight through for 3,000 miles. Do you have any "must see" places besides national parks and monuments? I am doing all of the good roads around Sturgis. There is a good reason to have a rally there.

If you make it over to Cody the bill Cody museum has an awesome gun collection . The guns can take half a day and another half for the rest of it . Gobs of fun roads in the high country if your riding dirty but it’s a little early yet , you would probably encounter deep snow in the shade and huge amounts of mud everywhere else . The 4 x 4 tear the roads up so bad in the spring they usually are a disaster till around august before they get graded . The 14 16 loop is a really good road ride . Most of my riding is on the west side of the mountian so my exposure to the east side is a few trips to Sheridan to the bicycle store downtown and down to buffalo and back over to the west side . If you staying in Sheridan thats An extra couple hundred miles across the mountains and back .

I stayed in Sheridan last night. The choice this morning was Cody or Deadwood. I went to the latter so maybe some more of the roads in Yellowstone and the Chief highway will open up

That should have been dead Indian instead of Chief.

Fresh snow in the high country today , road looks clear . and it may not make it through the day , the snow melt has been fast this year . White water rapids coming down the mountain .

Cool. The Needles Highway is very nice. If you find yourself in the area, the Oregon trail ruts at Guernsey, Wyoming, just past Fort Laramie, is worth a stop.

Snowed on Top of the Big Horns again yesterday , nothing sticking but very wet up there .

Great stuff. We vacationed in The Black Hills a couple of years ago, and I really want to go back.

Back