• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Regency Bridge - Goldthwaite, Texas

Hmmm.... 265 miles away from me and I have family in Copperas Cove too. Sounds like a trip for sure! Thanks for shareing.

The bridge is really cool, and so are the roads in that area.
Hope to go soon myself.
Cheers, patrice

Quite a few posts on this site, and others as well. This is a popular destination.

I actually just found out that if you type in Regency Suspension Bridge into Google maps, it'll bring up a list of places and the first one is the bridge. Seemed closer when I didn't really know where it was. :lol2:

Been there, wheelied over that! Its a neat place to see, but lots of dusty dirt road and not all that easy to find. I was last there in about on my KLR in '02.

I actually grew up down that way, had friends with a weekend place right by it and remember the old bridge before they redid it in the early 90's It was much cruder before that.

After seeing Bob Phillips drive over the Regency Bridge every Sunday morning for years, I had to go check it out myself.

847233012_226a9cf9c4.jpg

847257584_e726bf411b.jpg

One lane suspension bridge over the Colorado River. Built in 1939, San Saba County, Texas

Hm, only 75 miles from my front door.. Wife is at work, I have a new rear tire to scrub in....... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Caught the bridge on way back from Llano....
IMG00113.jpg

shot on the bridge...
IMG00114.jpg

Looking down the river...
IMG00115.jpg

North entrance...Road from this side looks like it had been rototilled and then graded...Very loose and deep:eek2: Kept sucking my front tire down...

Regency Bridge - Goldthwaite, Texas (2-Up On a Buell)

Haven't been on for quite a while, but I've wanted to get a shot of my bike on the bridge for a long time and finally got some. I lived in Brownwood for a couple years, so this is a very familiar place.

Attachments

• IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_3184.jpg
    IMG_3184.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 376
Here is one of my pictures of the Regency Bridge from a ride a couple years ago. The day they re-dedicated it in 1999 around 2500 people showed up.

527574982_aQpjM-L.jpg

The Regency Bridge is very cool. I rode to Kerrville Oct. 6 and made a point of going over the Regency Bridge and also visiting the Beveridge Bridge. Here is a map from Regency to Beveridge: http://g.co/maps/jnfjk

Here I am with the rest of the 'Wild Hogs' on the bridge on Oct 6.:
DSCN1814-XL.jpg

Here is a video of my riding over the Regency Bridge: http://youtu.be/I_cFkGXUZbQ

The Beveridge Bridge which is closer to San Saba. It is no longer operational, but is real cool and was built in 1896.

View from new bridge looking at old one: http://g.co/maps/cp7ye

GEDC1783-XL.jpg

GEDC1784-XL.jpg

GEDC1785-XL.jpg

GEDC1789-XL.jpg

On my last Regency Bridge trip
Ohthisisnotgood.jpg

Regency Bridge Adventure
My favorite ME and Wife off bike riding pic is from the first time we went to this bridge (found it by luck, just riding down the road and saw the sign)

Have to see if I have that one on the Lap top...

There is one sorta like this near Georgetown off 29 somewhere.

RB

Great shot, aa5ib.

bronco78, a low fuel light is not what I'd want to see out there. Haha.

The stop at the bridge was part of around 600 miles of riding over the weekend. Did about 500 miles of it with my girl riding with me.

We found this bridge over the Colorado back in the spring near Rockwood, north of Brady. It was being refurbished so we couldn't cross. Can't wait to return-it was HUGE!
CIMG0781.jpg

Has anyone been to the trading post on the north side of the river? Went there once with a couple friends and wound up hanging out there for at least an hour. A couple folks playing guitars and singing and the rest of us just talking and relaxing.

Has anyone been to the trading post on the north side of the river? Went there once with a couple friends and wound up hanging out there for at least an hour. A couple folks playing guitars and singing and the rest of us just talking and relaxing.

Yep, it was a slow day there. Just got some sodas and looked at photos on the wall, moved on.

Back