• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reminder to be careful out there

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Last Saturday was out cruising part of Cheeseburger loop. Caught with Ted Garza, been almost a year since I saw him. He was riding with a fella, forget his name but his som is a racer in the World Superbike. I think the only American in it, pretty cool for sure. Anyhow I rode with them a couple of hours and after lunch at Yankees I wen thome. Shortly after Ted met a car, luckily he survived with broken leg and torn knee ligaments. Heal up buddy.
BBBDEF24-6095-462C-BB69-DC4EAD313E33.jpeg
D269E6CD-5CF1-4E96-823B-7F80A814FE92.jpeg

"I was hit by a small suv traveling close to 50 mph at the intersection of 149 in Anderson last Saturday afternoon. Destroyed my 2021 BMW 1250 GSA. The guy was learning how to drive and took the turn barely missing my buddy and nailing me left broadside. Ripping the front wheel and forks off the bike and sending them about 70ft down the road. I Believe that big bike saved my life. That and the few guardian angles looking after me. I had plans to travel the world with that beautiful beast. I guess it wasn’t meant to be. Have your head on a swivel my friends. Safe rides. Safe travels. Rubber side down! PS. Ordered a new bike two days later!"

Ted's Facebook post......

Holy smokes glad he is still alive. This could have been much worse. Heal up quick.

Glad he will be ok and ride another day. That looks almost like the entrance to Kotts Cafe in Anderson.

Wow glad the injuries were not more serious.
It seems like the last couple of years I have had more and more incidents with people coming over to my side of the road. Distracted by cell phones. I've developed a bit of a flinch reaction in the corners that don't have a good sight line.

I've watched Garrett a lot. He is a top flight racer.

You know who to thank for this save. Plus you still have time to pack for the rapture. Will pray for healing.

Back