• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride and Reel!

Reaction score
Figured I would change up my previous posts and just make one I can expand on each time I wanna do all things I like at once.

Anywho let’s get into it. Tomorrow (9/30/2023) I’ll be headed out to matagorda and or oyster lake. Idk where im headed yet. It might be both who knows. Anyhow I plan to hit the 2pm fish rush somewhere… gunna stop find some live shrimp and hit the water. Gunna ride from fulshear to matagorda first to get bait and see if any of the easy spots have fish. I also plan to crab as I go at each spot. Need some blue crab for a gumbo cook off in November. I’ll plan to spend about an hour at each of the spots I like to see if I can rip some lips. If I don’t get anything then I’ll make a decision to either ride to oyster lake and wade fish or ride the beach and look for rip tides to snag some reds at. If ya wanna join just let me know I’ll check on this post a few times tonight and then in the morning. Also I run live bait and have a small bubble bucket I can keep on my bike. Will have beer and snacks. I can bring 2 rods on my set up so if ya show up I’ll have an extra ya can play with. If not your on your own. I know it’s last minute don’t expect anyone to show up but if ya do I can’t wait to meet ya.

Fishing info: https://tides4fishing.com/us/texas/matagorda-city-tcoon

Meeting spot: message me we can work that out

Start Time: leavings fulshear @ 1100

Return: when I limit out, run out of beer, or get calls from the wife to come back.

Gear: have a bike have fishing stuff, will buy beer on the way down, cooler w/ 2 rod holders, only around $100 in fishing gear if you speak to my wife, and a small live well.

To the casual and very rarely salt fisherman, what does that mean and . . . how do the fishies know what time it is?

:lol2:

Good luck, hope your bike can barely haul the catch home. :thumb:
I look at the lunar and solar minors and majors as well at water temp, tides in and out as well as ambient outside temps to see if it’s a good time to fish. The link I posted gives a lot of info for all of it. I cross reference that info from tide for fishing to other apps to gauge weather. If it looks good I’ll go. Tomorrow should be a good day with a decent bite around noon to about 2 but that’s just a guess on my part.

I look at the lunar and solar minors and majors as well at water temp, tides in and out as well as ambient outside temps to see if it’s a good time to fish. The link I posted gives a lot of info for all of it. I cross reference that info from tide for fishing to other apps to gauge weather. If it looks good I’ll go. Tomorrow should be a good day with a decent bite around noon to about 2 but that’s just a guess on my part.
I didnt actually answer your question sorry… but at certain times of the day those pre mentioned factors dictate times that fish are most likely to be feeding making it easier to catch them

Ok time for attempt number 2 of a ride and reel. This coming Thursday I plan to ride back down to the coast and fish the jetties, crab bridge, 521 state park and maybe a few other places. I’ll start at the jetties then make my way to 521. I am mostly looking for blue crab. Need about 40 by the 4th of next month. And I know I can buy them live but where’s the fun in that. Also had some friends reach out to me and said they were catching snook up by 521 so figured I could spend an hour there throwing some shrimp. If ya wanna come feel free to. I’m in Fulshear and plan to leave before the suns up to make it there for sun rise.

Ok time for attempt number 2 of a ride and reel. This coming Thursday I plan to ride back down to the coast and fish the jetties, crab bridge, 521 state park and maybe a few other places. I’ll start at the jetties then make my way to 521. I am mostly looking for blue crab. Need about 40 by the 4th of next month. And I know I can buy them live but where’s the fun in that. Also had some friends reach out to me and said they were catching snook up by 521 so figured I could spend an hour there throwing some shrimp. If ya wanna come feel free to. I’m in Fulshear and plan to leave before the suns up to make it there for sun rise.
Well I have to move this back to Friday. It’s gunna rain…. Might have to cancel this if it rains to hard in the north. If the river gets muddy the fishing is trash.

Yet again moving the date. Now I can only go on Saturday and I have to be back by 5pm now. So I plan to leave early in the morning and fish until just after lunch then grad a cold drink and some food then head home. If ya wanna come let me know if not I’ll post pics after and post some up.

Ok y’all gunna go out and camp and fish this Saturday. Headed to matagorda or oyster lake not really sure yet but will decide on the way. Plan to leave at 2pm Saturday and come back Sunday when ever I get up. I’m gunna go down the beach with the entent of finding drift wood for a fire or I’ll just wade fish at oyster lake. If ya wanna come just let me know. I can bring extra tackle I’ve got 4 rode holders on the bigger cooler.
Start point is the shell station on 359 and 1093.
Time:2pm
Destination: ? Will decide then.
Return: when ever I wake up, pack up and leave.

I also have some extra 1 man tents and sleeping bags if ya wanna come but only have a bike. I also have all the fishing equipment you’ll ever need.

Ok advanced notice for once. Work got the best of me and I’ve not been fishing or riding in over a month. Also haven’t posted up here since October. Anyhow it’s time for another adventure. Gunna do a ride and reel this coming Saturday. Start in Fulshear. And head down to matagorda for some live shrimp. Then just find spots to cast into. Gunna stop at the Jetty first then if I’m not getting any bites I’ll make a new plan. Might take a jog down the beach and find a shell bed to put some lines in on. Also I plan to stop and cook a late lunch at a road side park on the way back. If ya wanna come with let me know. I can bring extra rods if needed as well. Not sure when I’ll head out Saturday but I’ll update once I have a better idea

Planned to go out Saturday to matagorda. Leaving fulshear at 7am from the shell station on 1093 and 359. If ya wanna come let me know I wil bring extra rods. Gunna fish the jetty and maybe crab bridge. Weather looks good with low winds and a good fish report. See the link above in older posts for fishing reports. I plan to stop at the harbor first and grab some live bait and squid.

Headed out again this coming Saturday maybe Friday night. Depends on if I get home from work earlier Friday morning. If ya wanna come with let me know.

Decided to go to the Mansfield jetty. Might leave Friday afternoon. If I do I’m camping out and your welcome to join

Decided to change locations again the weather changed up for the worse 4-6 ft seas and 20+mph winds in Mansfield. Gunna switch back to my normal spots in matagorda. Still gunna camp just gunna stay at 521 road side park though since it’s nice a protected and there’s the lack of sand which is nice. Not sure when I’m headed out tomorrow depends on when I get home since I’m driving back from New Orleans in the morning and have to go steal my bike back from my father as he decide he wanted to ride it and not his Electra glide this past week.

post some photos of the campsite... and your stringer at the end of the day :)

Got home way too late to get my bike. I’ll get it toomorrow morning and head out. I’ll stop by the park and snag a pic of the place I like to camp. I’ll also put a line in as well. Just plan to fish the Jetty tomorrow and relax by the waves. And waves there will be with 4ft seas. Might get board and go down th beach as far as I can. We will see

Fm521 is closed can’t get to the park anymore they are replacing the bridge. Decide to head south a bit and go to a buddy’s house and fish some piers

Attachments

• IMG_5889.jpeg
    IMG_5889.jpeg
    709.5 KB · Views: 12
Back