• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

*RIDE CANCELED* RedNeck Mother Hard Dual Sport Ride

A friends place in Red River day before yesterday.

DA853058-BAA2-4687-BBF5-351E047D764F.jpeg

WARNING about the Arrowhead Lodge!!!

They have no understanding or compassion that the closing of the forest is the reason for my cancellation.

CANCELLATION POLICY
If reservation is cancelled and we are able to rebook the room for the same exact dates reserved, 80% of the deposit will be refunded. If we are unable to rebook the room, we keep 100% of the deposit. Qualifying refunds will be issued no later than 30 days from departure date. Paid deposits and fees including balances paid in full may not be applied towards other dates.
Paid deposits and fees including balances paid in full are NON-REFUNDABLE for holiday and peak reservations. Holiday and peak reservations include but not limited to Spring Break, Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Holiday, Labor Day Weekend, Christmas Holiday and New Year’s Holiday. Reservation cancellation requests may be sent by email to reservations@mvacationproperties.com or by phone 575-754-2459. Reservation cancellations will be confirmed by email.

WARNING about the Arrowhead Lodge!!!

They have no understanding or compassion that the closing of the forest is the reason for my cancellation.

CANCELLATION POLICY
If reservation is cancelled and we are able to rebook the room for the same exact dates reserved, 80% of the deposit will be refunded. If we are unable to rebook the room, we keep 100% of the deposit. Qualifying refunds will be issued no later than 30 days from departure date. Paid deposits and fees including balances paid in full may not be applied towards other dates.
Paid deposits and fees including balances paid in full are NON-REFUNDABLE for holiday and peak reservations. Holiday and peak reservations include but not limited to Spring Break, Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Holiday, Labor Day Weekend, Christmas Holiday and New Year’s Holiday. Reservation cancellation requests may be sent by email to reservations@mvacationproperties.com or by phone 575-754-2459. Reservation cancellations will be confirmed by email.

On one hand pretty crappy of them to have no compassion. On the other hand we don't know what their cash flow needs are if they don't rent the place for the nights cancelled.

On one hand pretty crappy of them to have no compassion. On the other hand we don't know what their cash flow needs are if they don't rent the place for the nights cancelled.
Agreed. I got burned once in Thurber with the same BS.

You can’t be serious. I don’t care what their cash flow needs are. Cancellations happen they are in the hotel business and it should be a consideration when they set their nightly rate. The fact is their cancellation policy is absurd compared to the industry standard. Fuel prices are high right now, maybe we should donate to the airline companies because their cash flow is probably low *rolls eyes*. They will lose far more in the long run as for me personally won’t book with them in the future.

I agreed to the policy when I booked, so I accept the consequences of the deal I made. On future trips, I will lean towards VRBO and AirBnB because of more cancellation flexibility.

I agreed to the policy when I booked, so I accept the consequences of the deal I made. On future trips, I will lean towards VRBO and AirBnB because of more cancellation flexibility.
I didn't agree to it, because it wasn't mentioned when I booked my room over the phone, but I also didn't read it in advance online.

My fault and I'm eating $315 as a lesson I won't forget.

However I assumed, again my fault, that industry standard hotel reservation policies would apply.

Lesson learned.

As a business owner I've also learned strict adherence to the rules without reasonable options due to the circumstances sometimes has cost me customers. Until learning that lesson cost me money.

I didn't agree to it, because it wasn't mentioned when I booked my room over the phone, but I also didn't read it in advance online.

My fault and I'm eating $315 as a lesson I won't forget.

However I assumed, again my fault, that industry standard hotel reservation policies would apply.

Lesson learned.

As a business owner I've also learned strict adherence to the rules without reasonable options due to the circumstances sometimes has cost me customers. Until learning that lesson cost me money.

I am glad I had not yet booked my lodging for this trip. Although having just read their "terms" on their website, I think I may have passed on booking with these people. At least no pre-booking anyway. Really don't like the way it reads.

Now I am hesitating to book ahead for Cloudcroft for the same reasons---
  • A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of 50% of your total stay is required when making a reservation.

Not happening unless they are more understanding of the situation than Arrowhead.

Companies in the hospitality business that treat their customers like annoyances or criminals usually don't get much repeat business.

Spruce Cabins in Cloudcroft did not refund my money in 2020 when Covid happened (and NM was “closed” to visitors), so I won’t go back there. I have booked VRBO for this year, like last year, and have ability to cancel up to a certain date. Praying for rain! And thinking about alternatives in Colorado…..

Simple, make the forest being open a prerequisite for any lodging booking, before you book, I will for any forest service riding booking in the future.

Spruce has always worked with me on changes. My bother had to cancel one year, and let him use the credit the next. Not a refund but he didn't loose $ like I will with Arrowhead.

It's going to be a rough summer all over unfortunately

Back