• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rocky Ridge Ranch Closed ?

JQ1.0

Reaction score

TCCRA had a race scheduled there first weekend of April.

This is on their web page

Closed

Rocky ridge is closed for business permanently, effective 3/4/2022.

sorry for any inconvenience.

THANK YOU For all these years of Patronage and God bless!

Well that truly sucks! RR was about a 45 minute drive from my oldest son's house, so we were able to enjoy riding there when I was in the area. Hopefully RR will reopen in the very near future.

Tough to lose a place like that. Raced many a TCCRA race there. $1.6 is what I heard as well. Good for those folks wanting to do something else.

Raced a lot of TCCRA there in the 80's. Mr. Moss was the owner then, after he passed it on to his son a large section was sold off along the Highway 51. With the explosion of housing in Wise Co. 1.6 M sees like of low with the lake and all the land.

I was told today that the lake on the property is Army Core Eng so that causes (easement) issues I would guess. We have a crew that would purchase the place if we knew about it. Politics come into play so this is wait and see.

Good to know the race is still on even though I am just a spectator. Intended to go last year but couldn't. Have ridden there a few times. Hate to lose more off road places.

The lake was build by the WPA during the depression per Mr. Moss. Mr. Moss showed me the lady carving in the hills above the lake that one of the workers did during the time he was stationed there. Now does the ACE have domain I don't know I only know what Mr. Moss told me and showed me around 1985 or so.

I have no idea about the WPA or the ACE other than the ACE being around much longer than the WPA. Records going back that far are sketchy.
I hope it works out for the best for the owners. Sometimes politics comes into play and favors developers as opposed to land owners.

TCCRA April 2/3 update

RACE #5003 "Jacksboro"​

*Flyer Coming Soon*
Unfortunately due to the pending sale of Rocky Ridge Race 5003 has been moved to Jacksboro -Boars Nest. Flyer to be posted soon. The date of the event has not changed.

I never liked RR. Seems like every TCCRA race was a Mud Bog or Blue Groove. They had some Extreme Enduro races there that were worthy. Rather spend my time at Red River or Barnwell Mountain. Hope the sellers made out like a bandit!

Back