• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rolling Dirt Bike Stand

copb8

Most Ignored
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Nale
I currently have a couple of dirt back stands that do a good job of supporting the bikes and are easy to load and unload. Only thing they're missing is the ability to move the bike around once they're lifted up. I don't need one the that jacks way up for servicing. Done that already and sold it. I want a compact, simple lift with casters.

What do you guys recommend?

A buddy of mine has these little tray type things that a standard dirt bike stand fits into and just rolls around wherever. I’ve searched the interwebs for them but can’t find them. They are simple and just work.

Been thinking about something like this. Compact and can slide under a toolbox when I don't need it.
That's one I've been looking at. I like everything except the lifting mechanism. It seems a bit tedious.

I have these right now P12 Aluminum Stand

It's super easy and quick to raise and lower the bikes with your foot. If they made these on casters it'd be great. I thought about adding casters to my existing stands but it would raise the base too high, even in the lowest setting, to get under the 690.

That's one I've been looking at. I like everything except the lifting mechanism. It seems a bit tedious.

I have these right now P12 Aluminum Stand

It's super easy and quick to raise and lower the bikes with your foot. If they made these on casters it'd be great. I thought about adding casters to my existing stands but it would raise the base too high, even in the lowest setting, to get under the 690.
Definitely see what you mean on an easy lift with yours. I have wondered on the screw mechanism if you could set it up to use a impact gun so you could run it up faster the the hand crank.

If you had a welder, you could build a tray similar to the one on Amazon that keeps your overall height down but also gives you a wider foot print with the casters being farther out.

LOL, yep. Just wanted to stir the creativity juices ;)
You did for sure. Hadn't been on the McMaster Carr website in a while. That one will get you thinking of all kinds of ideas.

Yeah, it's my type of adult toy store! Be careful on there!

Little pricey but this is basically what you need.

I have wondered on the screw mechanism if you could set it up to use a impact gun so you could run it up faster the the hand crank.
Lots of people do, but the instructions you get with it will likely tell you not to. I have a hand crank one and it's not so bad, but I'm also using it a lot for heavier bikes than just dirt bikes, and the time to crank is minimal to the rest of the job usually.

Lots of people do, but the instructions you get with it will likely tell you not to. I have a hand crank one and it's not so bad, but I'm also using it a lot for heavier bikes than just dirt bikes, and the time to crank is minimal to the rest of the job usually.
I need one for my KLR'ER so the faster dirt bike stands are not strong enough.

A buddy of mine has these little tray type things that a standard dirt bike stand fits into and just rolls around wherever. I’ve searched the interwebs for them but can’t find them. They are simple and just work.
So after a bit of searching around, this looks like what you described.

So after a bit of searching around, this looks like what you described.
Sort of... But the one he had was for a standard dirt bike stand. I'll see if I can get him to send me the info on it. It was sweet!

You try searching for "die cart" and see if there is anything you can live with

I’ve got something like this one. The one in the link is a different brand than the one I have; mine is a Pitbull brand. I looked on Pitbull’s site, but it appears they no longer make the one I have. Mine is air operated or hand pump, had it 20 years, and it still works like new. It’s not real compact, but I stand mine up against the wall when not using it. I can lift my Harley Electra Glide 3 ft and roll it around with no problems. Works great with all of my bikes.

Definitely see what you mean on an easy lift with yours. I have wondered on the screw mechanism if you could set it up to use a impact gun so you could run it up faster the the hand crank.

If you had a welder, you could build a tray similar to the one on Amazon that keeps your overall height down but also gives you a wider foot print with the casters being farther out.
Those are very interesting but the biggest only looks like it support 35lbs.

I’ve got something like this one. The one in the link is a different brand than the one I have; mine is a Pitbull brand. I looked on Pitbull’s site, but it appears they no longer make the one I have. Mine is air operated or hand pump, had it 20 years, and it still works like new. It’s not real compact, but I stand mine up against the wall when not using it. I can lift my Harley Electra Glide 3 ft and roll it around with no problems. Works great with all of my bikes.

That thing is a BEAST! I really want it to be compact though. The bike gets pushed up against a workbench so my wife can get in and out of her car. I don't want her to trip on anything protruding past the pegs of the bike.

I have this one unit I use on my bikes with center stands. You basically put the bike on the 'dolly' on the center-stand and move it around at will. Super compact, mobile and slick.

It's not perfect but I'm thinking more and more it's this one. You can use a drill to raise or lower it apparently.

1712261986414.png

My buddy sent me photos of the one he has. He said the guy that made these is long out of business but I think I have some aluminum angle at the house that I can weld up and make one of these. I should only be out the cost of casters if all goes well.

image000000.JPG

image000000.JPG

My buddy sent me photos of the one he has. He said the guy that made these is long out of business but I think I have some aluminum angle at the house that I can weld up and make one of these. I should only be out the cost of casters if all goes well.

View attachment 377870

View attachment 377871
That is slick and clever. Looks like 4 pieces of 2"x2" aluminum angle welded together?

How sketchy would it be to simply drill holes in the end of the legs of this stand and put casters on it? I think the issue may be that when the wheels swivel and are oriented in a particular direction you'll effectively be reducing the footprint of the stand, which already has a bit of a narrow stance.

1712263776875.png

Thanks for that generous offer. Certainly something to think about. I don't think my stands fit that profile as well though but you could make it mount like cross-hairs across the gap. You'd need to fasten the legs to the dolly though.

Back