• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ron's Catfish Fry #9, Feb 21, 2015

Reaction score
John & Scott, you are up too late.

Close your eye's, visualize Ron sitting in a boat, somewhere in North Texas. The sun is coming up, a big cat jumps in the boat with Ron. Then another and another...

Your eye's are getting heavy, very very heavy. Your breathing slows, you now see Ron with 24 cat's in the boat, :rofl: you are now drifting off to catfish heaven. :eat: You won't wake up till Sunday afternoon...

Well there's more catfish for the rest of us now. :clap:

Sam

Nice try Sam. :lol2:

But, as I now read this upon returning home with a belly full of catfish I'm feeling sleepy ... sleepy ... zzzzzzzzz

Re: Fish Fry # 9 Iffn ya got the time

Thanks to Ron and everyone involved. Everything was great.

Thanks to Ron and everyone involved. Everything was great.

+1!

And thanks to WoodButcher for delivering the DR650 and for everyone welcoming my sister and brother-in-law.

We made it half way home, then the electricity running the fuel injection went below serviceable levels. The good news is I got a hair cut, found a dollar bill and bought the winning lottery ticket for tonights lotto! Been a fine day and sure enjoyed ourselves in Thumperville!

Another blue ribbon for Ron! Thanks!

The fish fry was fantastic. Nice to see everyone.
MCBelle made it home without any additional husbands.

Enjoyed myself immensely. I liked everybody else, too. Thanks for hosting this again.

Thanks for hosting such a nice event Ron. Great to see everyone. Sorry we had to leave early, duty called. Already looking forward to next year.:rider::rider:

Thanks Ron again for hosting such a fun and enjoyable social event! I enjoyed meeting and seeing the TWT'exan clan. What a friendly and inclusive group that we have. The warm weather was perfect. Add to this the fact that no rider had a mishap on the gravel driveway.

I hope to see most of you at the next gathering or perhaps on the road too. Get ready for another 7 to 10 days of rain and cold weather...brrr.

RB

Great event, excellent weather and fantastic company.
Thanks Ron and Tess for hosting this once more.
The mild beaconesque beans were good I did not taste the spicy ones, I liked the other side dishes too.

It is always an adventure to maneuver my bike in gravel...

Camilo D.

Last edited:

Thank you Ron & Tess for hosting another great fishing trip. My lures caught quite a bit of fish, with some pie, cookies and puddin' on the plate as well.
We had a great time and you did a great job of holding off the moisture yet still keeping the sun from cooking your guests. That is a spectacular job when you are trying to do that in Texas.

Sam & Shirley

P.S. And yes MotoTex, I too am getting very very sleepy. :yawn:

Thanks Ron and Tess! Joyce and I had a great time, met some new folks and had some good eats! Always good to be with fellow riders.

Had fun, here are some pictures. First, here is a gallery link to all of them: http://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Fish-Fry-2015

Ron welcoming us all:
IMD_0432-L.jpg

Post meal relaxation by Steve:
IMD_0433-L.jpg

New TWT member at his first gathering:
IMD_0434-L.jpg

The thinker (pondering another CDR attempt?):
IMD_0447-L.jpg

Whiskeysmith taking off without his new toaster:
IMD_0457-L.jpg

They aren't camera shy!
IMD_0464-L.jpg

Last edited:

Ron and Tess Thank You for another great fish fry. And an extra thanks for all your hard work in pulling all this together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another blue ribbon for Ron! Thanks!

Ron said it best, " we are blessed to be living here, in this country, in this time "....it was another day to be thankful for......:sun:

It was another great fish fry, and I enjoyed visiting with everyone! Here are some of my photos.

Robert

Img_2798-L.jpg

Img_2796-L.jpg

Img_2818-L.jpg

Img_2816-L.jpg

Img_2812-L.jpg

Img_2807-L.jpg

Img_2820-L.jpg

Img_2804-L.jpg

Img_2815-L.jpg

Thanks for having us out Ron. It's always nice to get together with friends. Here a pic from up on the hill.

FISHFRY_zps8jo5lscq.jpg
"]
FISHFRY_zps8jo5lscq.jpg
[/URL]

Thanks Ron for your years worth of work, well, FUN, and effort making this happen!
Thanks to the thousands of fishys who sacrificed themselves for our tasting pleasure! :eat:
Great to see a big turnout despite the weather rumors. It was perfect.

Ron, Thanks for your hospitality and all of the hard work you did to put on your famous fish fry. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Also thanks to the people who brought the great sides. We lucked out with the weather. It was another outstanding TWT event.

Ron, THANKS for yet another GREAT fish fry! You Sir, are the master of fried fish and sides. Big thanks to all who provided other sides, beverages, goodies and desserts. I counted 66 folks and 33 bikes. Thats a lot of friendships right there...

Agree with all the rest, thanks for an outstanding event!

Ron and Tess,

Thanks for a wonderful event. Great to see so many friendly faces. And eat way too much great food.

BTW, Both pots of beans were delicious. i slightly preferred Rusty's batch over Mark's. (Sorry, Mark!)

Grateful to be included in such a warm group of folks.

:rider:

Back