• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sam Baker's House Tornadoe'd

Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Baker
I praise God nobody was hurt in the home my son owns and rents in Round Rock. He got a call late yesterday aft that his home had been hit by the tornado passing through round rock, and arrived to find a family of 4 with an elderly mother in law recovering from cancer surgery all huddled under the stairwell and crying. Please pray for my son Sam and his situation. Ask God to help him find work quickly as he's broke but now is missing a roof and who knows what else on a non income producing home adding to his woes. I just saw his home on a kvue report online. I'll go down and survey the damage today I suppose, but I'm not sure what I can do other than clean up work. Thanks, Ed

sams place.jpeg

Ed so glad everyone is ok. I know you know this but get insurance provider there as soon as possible and take lots of pictures. Tell Sam we are believing Gods promise in Philippians 4:19 for him and the folks that were in the house.

Well folks just a quick update. Its been a busy few weeks. Insurance put a temp roof on Sam's house which failed in a rainstorm due to wind. Then they put an improved temp roof on and we will see how it holds up in today's storm. Round Rock deemed the place uninhabitable. A young guy assigned as the new PM seems to have zero sense of urgency. Not the best start.

I want to personally thank you all for the help. It has been a real blessing for Sam in many ways. I know we may be headed towards an early summer, but In appreciation, I'd like to host a camp out for TWT folks. Anyone who wants to come camp at "the Farm at Songdog Hill", is welcome. I need to lock down a date in the next 4 weeks or so that does not interfere with any other scheduled events and I'll provide a dinner of homegrown, lean, hormone and vaccine free longhorn burgers, beer and soft drinks and likely some some side dishes of some kind. Sam will also be here to help cook, serve and show his appreciation to ya'll. If anyone has choices for a "best weekend" fire away or PM me. Hopefully we can pull this off before it gets too hot, or we may have to wait till fall.

Thanks again, Ed

Back