• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sam Houston NF

"WE made a lot of progress on trail repair these last couple weeks, some bad spots are pretty wet , but drying up quick, maybe opening soon ,if no more weather events,,,,,"

This is a quote from Wild Bill, WE is not me!

8BE80FB3-2693-40B1-BF5C-93A5055E1F47.jpeg

Very impressive and encouraging to see the hard work and use of quality equipment to make repairs. Thanks to all the guys involved! If only the Lufkin Gestapo had allowed that in the Angelina. :-(

Tour de force.
Handy crews and Dozer dogs continue to knock down the closure items on MUT in the Sam. West side is almost ready. One more days work should do, and it's ready for FS approval. East side Dozer work started this past Wednesday with Billy Click as trainer supervisor and Glenn Allen and John Maldonado as your trusty trainees. John Doubled as work day leader this week. Thanks guys.
We've also been repairing lessor issues using hand tools (shovels, hoes and picks). Included in these works has been yours truly, Jeff Heller, Randy Adams and the men mentioned above to boot. Special thanks to Heather and other FS leadership for making this all go. Linda Secrist for all that you do. None of this works without your incredible efforts. There are really too many to list that also support and lend a hand in these efforts. Continued condolences to the family of our beloved fallen Jerry Reidy. We miss you bad brother man.
Hang tight folks. Your trails are surely coming back soon.

A real bummer after they just got it partially open again :doh:

Won't be long and this will be the forest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_155851_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_155851_Facebook.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15
"Hey Folks, we have a workday planned out for this Saturday 4-20-24 , 9am at the 208 Trailhead
The Westside is open and in decent shape. We would like to clear a few trees that I found while out on a ride and Survey. The regular group is tied up this Weekend so if you are available to help give a shout out, and we will put together a team or two to get this knocked out. Hopefully have enough help to get this completed where you can ride later in the day. As always you must have a VSA. Volunteer Service Agreement"

See John Maldonado

2003EAE1-D2DC-4D3D-907F-848D2660B95A.jpeg

Forest got rain last night, amounts vary in area. Taking your chances on coming out, message open now but that could easily change. Either way it'll be sloppy. Respect the trails!

We got 3" here in Huntsville. Saturday afternoon I was at the Loop 99 & I-45 interchange and it was coming down in BIG buckets! I watched the radar off an on the rest of the day and it looked like some really heavy cells moved through the Lake Conroe area.

We got 3" here in Huntsville. Saturday afternoon I was at the Loop 99 & I-45 interchange and it was coming down in BIG buckets! I watched the radar off an on the rest of the day and it looked like some really heavy cells moved through the Lake Conroe area.
I rode all the New Waverly forest service roads, some places stirred up a little dust! Some of the trails looked like hero dirt as they say but I'm sure the trails were a mud fest most places. I saw lots of bike tracks so folks were trying it. Pretty sure when Heather gets in today she'll shut them down for a few days.

Back