• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

San Antonio Area Adventure/Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series planning

jsb

Reaction score
Sander said he’s more into enduro for now. I plan to set up a monthly ride similar to his great example.
Any preference on the next ride/route for late April or May? I live NW of SA, so I’m partial to out west to north. Maybe work in checking out GSL Ranch since they plan to reopen this weekend. They had some easy areas.
Earlier breakfast preference? No breakfast?
I plan to post a ride by this weekend.

Definitely interested in a trip to GSL Ranch, but not this weekend because I think it will be crazy since it’s the first weekend open. If you go check it out, please report back.

Super glad you are willing to carry on the tradition.

Unasked for advice: choose a date that suits you. Choose a restaurant that suits you. Choose a route that suits you. Then post up the date, the place and the route. We will come!

Work, Easter church and family day, and I didn't get anything posted. I may need to go to DFW next weekend. I need to check dates against a couple other events. Options on my mind are:
1. Meet up with the Serve Yo'self gang in Kerrville & ride on 4.30.22.
2. I have 2 legitimate access points to the Medina Lake dry lake bed. Big playgrounds. Some rocky outcroppings and hills. I gently took the ADV'ed WeeStrom to 1 yesterday. It's more fun on DS bike. There are a short public road/trail in Lakehills off PR37 and the 1283 and 211 trails that are much more DS oriented.
3. GSL Ranch
I'll decide and post once I can set a date.

I'm not sure I can pull off a planned ride before attending the following at the end of the month.
If so, likely the lake again or GSL Ranch.
Something in June.

Last edited:
I'm thinking either Spoaks or GSL Ranch next weekend. There's a work weekend at Zars Ranch and I've already done my hours for the year. I just got a new dirt bike last Saturday and want to ride!

Let me know if anyone is interested. Maybe we can link up.

Since I'm lucky that way, my 3 older ADV / DS bikes are needing attention and at a shop at once. Just possibly street riding for at least 3 weeks. Eager and not forgotten.

Last edited:
Is there any real D/S riding in the area on the west side towards Kerrville? We visit a friend there often and everything I have found is suitanle for my Tahoe.

If heading out IH10 to Kerrville, not much unpaved. If you are looking for too rough for a Tahoe, there are a few areas between 10 & 90. The further W & NW of San Antonio, the more there is. And, there is GSL Ranch south of Kendalia.
It ain't CO.

If you can get up around Junction there's some more interesting stuff. Unless you get onto somebody's place where you can play ...bout the only challenging parts are slick water crossings. Beautiful scenery but technical it ain't.

JSB:…. “ I have 2 legitimate access points to the Medina Lake dry lake bed. Big playgrounds. Some rocky outcroppings and hills.”….

I’d like to keep this on the back burner, until things cool off a bit. Sounds fun.

I just moved to New Braunfels. I ride a KTM 699 Enduro and a Yamaha T700,. Are likedoung small county paved roads as well as gravel and water crossings! I came from Katy area and led many rides from there. Looking to get together and do dome DS rides. Day trips or over nighters. We rode last weekend around here on Friday, left early Saturday for 375 mile ride to Junctinn. Ride 225 on Friday. Sunday left Junction heading home for another 250 miles. Just me and a buddy from PineHurst. Had a blast!!! I was amazed of all the water crossings, the creeks and rivers had water flowing. We also did a ton of bump gates. Looking for some locals to ride around and explore!

Congrats on your move. Bigtime jealous...

I just moved to New Braunfels. I ride a KTM 699 Enduro and a Yamaha T700,. Are likedoung small county paved roads as well as gravel and water crossings! I came from Katy area and led many rides from there. Looking to get together and do dome DS rides. Day trips or over nighters. We rode last weekend around here on Friday, left early Saturday for 375 mile ride to Junctinn. Ride 225 on Friday. Sunday left Junction heading home for another 250 miles. Just me and a buddy from PineHurst. Had a blast!!! I was amazed of all the water crossings, the creeks and rivers had water flowing. We also did a ton of bump gates. Looking for some locals to ride around and explore!
Trade in one of your bigger bikes, or better yet just get a dirtbike and a membership to Zars Ranch. I've got an XT250 "buddy" bike if you ever want to go out there and check it out. I'm out there most weekends and would sponsor you if you want to give it a look-see.

Life has been busy. Hopefully less in 2023.
I plan to take the old KTM 690 Enduro on some light to moderate DS riding tomorrow. If it's KTM-ness presents itself, I'll switch to a CRF250L. After an early lunch, likely leave my Lakehills home about noon. It's been since early Sept., so likely shake some dust off in 1-2 Medina Lake bed areas. Then maybe part of 211 and Pipe Creek & Bandera area dirt roads.
Let me know before 11:00 am tomorrow if interested in joining.
I hope to go riding again Thu or Fri. GSL Ranch should be open Fri per their FB page. I still haven't made it back since they reopened.

Last edited:
I need to get out for a ride on the 300 rally. Keep missing events. Work/ son / family / fishing. Recently bought a set of telescoping poles to throw in my bag so that can fish when im on a bike now.

KTM-ness presented itself in the form of the exhaust pipe shearing in 2 near the muffler. I’ve never seen that. I didn’t make it past the lake bed.
I plan to be riding the CRF250L on Friday. Hoping for GSL Ranch, then…

KTM-ness presented itself in the form of the exhaust pipe shearing in 2 near the muffler. I’ve never seen that. I didn’t make it past the lake bed.
I plan to be riding the CRF250L on Friday. Hoping for GSL Ranch, then…
Got a pic of the exhaust that just sounds odd.

Attachments

• 9A920D94-A3B7-41CD-B92A-21751D9B2CC0.jpeg
    9A920D94-A3B7-41CD-B92A-21751D9B2CC0.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 74
Back