• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sandwinder time!

I THINK I’m registered and good to go for Sandwinder. I raced it back in ‘22, but I’d love a logistics refresher (can’t seem to find info online, and I’m not on FB). Anybody wanna help a brother out? The only things I really recall were lines to get numbers, I believe, and a crowd of bikes at the start of the first test. I don’t understand the concept of ‘rows’ and it seemed like a first come, first serve start line.

Sure wish there was a TSCEC forum to visit for info, but there's not. I've searched and read that the row you are assigned only matters at the start.

Last edited:
Sure wish there was a TSCEC forum to visit for info, but there's not. I've searched and read that the row you are assigned only matters at the start.
In sprint format rows don't matter anytime! There'll be 3 separate courses, you'll just get in line on the course your group starts, depending on how many laps, rinse and repeat. Should have time for a drink between laps if you wish. PS, be sure you go to riders meeting, info can change!

A8B29393-F07E-4C44-BE5F-2C8F1B8739CF.jpeg

In sprint format rows don't matter anytime! There'll be 3 separate courses, you'll just get in line on the course your group starts, depending on how many laps, rinse and repeat. Should have time for a drink between laps if you wish. PS, be sure you go to riders meeting, info can change!

View attachment 373993
That’s gold, thanks.

If convenient go Saturday and ask for some info. I would start at the sign up desk, there is always some long time folk hanging around who are happy to help. TSCEC is a GREAT organization with many long time families always happy to welcome, inform and encourage. Their site is also very well done and any of the officers will be happy to answer questions. I also very very much encourage you to make one of the west TX events, tons and tons of fun riding out there. Youtube will have past events, check'em out. Worth the drive and I guarantee you will make another.

If convenient go Saturday and ask for some info. I would start at the sign up desk, there is always some long time folk hanging around who are happy to help. TSCEC is a GREAT organization with many long time families always happy to welcome, inform and encourage. Their site is also very well done and any of the officers will be happy to answer questions. I also very very much encourage you to make one of the west TX events, tons and tons of fun riding out there. Youtube will have past events, check'em out. Worth the drive and I guarantee you will make another.
I’d love to make another event, but logistics might be an issue. I’m not set up to camp. I’ll try my best, though.

Does anyone know if hitting the registration desk Saturday evening is a possibility? I’d like to get our numbers and cross all the Ts before Sunday morning if I can. Rider meeting at 7 then bikes off at 8 is way too rushed.

Does anyone know if hitting the registration desk Saturday evening is a possibility? I’d like to get our numbers and cross all the Ts before Sunday morning if I can. Rider meeting at 7 then bikes off at 8 is way too rushed.
I registered on line yesterday and it said there were only 39 spots left, so maybe full by Saturday.

Should be open Saturday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_123650_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_123650_Chrome.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 18
Scheduled on my Wifes Birthday trying to judge if I have enough brownie points to perhaps temp fate

Scheduled on my Wifes Birthday trying to judge if I have enough brownie points to perhaps temp fate
You have probably been married long enough that she might think a quiet day without some dirt bike fool is her best gift yet! :lol2:

View attachment 373993
Not even at the start?

Last edited:
No sir, just get in line and wait. I can't emphasize enough, make riders meeting.
That surprises me quite a bit. Guess they must know better, but it just seems to me that it would be a bit of a cluster to get things started. Ride and learn...

That surprises me quite a bit. Guess they must know better, but it just seems to me that it would be a bit of a cluster to get things started. Ride and learn...
It is a cluster, wait at first test is brutal, I think they start 2 very 10 seconds now instead of 1. I believe after first starts it goes back to 1 every 10 seconds. With 450+ riders the wait can be long. At least they're separated over 3 courses.

It is a cluster, wait at first test is brutal, I think they start 2 very 10 seconds now instead of 1. I believe after first starts it goes back to 1 every 10 seconds. With 450+ riders the wait can be long. At least they're separated over 3 courses.
Well I registered early and was assigned row 23 with three other riders. They also post that there's a limit of 350 this year.

How do Sprint Enduro work? Where do I start?

Section starts should be clearly marked. You just show up at the start gate, wait your turn, get your transponder scanned, and when the start check work says “Go!”, you let it rip! Riders go out one at a time usually every 30-60 seconds apart. When you come to the Finish check, be sure to have you transponder scanned by the check worker to capture your time.

Back