• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Serious jeep trail

Thank you for posting the map
Now What do you have to say
Mister Expert on all of South East NM
Oh if I have any ? :rider:I know who to NOT listen to

I believe I ran that road years ago. Or should I say two ruts into no where. I eventually wound up in New Mexico. That said, I am pretty sure all that is restricted access.

I've heard of a Bridge to Far but a Road to Far, really? :rofl::rider:
I'll go a long way for a ride but 700 miles out of the way for a trail that might be 30 miles long or might come out 30 miles from Del City, or might be something else?

And we don't even know if we're legally allowed to ride it?

Yeah, that's a road too far.

Hey all you Doubters
Go to Weather channel.com Pull up Odessa tx
Go to weather map
Scroll over to Dog Canyon
Zoom in and you will find the Road from Dog Canyon to Del City
Now you Know
Its there just as I said
Even marked Road to Del City Just as I said
So Believe me When I tell you something

You mean the same road we found before, when looking at the map? Did somebody not believe it was there? I believe the question was if it was legal to ride, and exactly where it was at. Nobody thought you just made up the story.

By the way - "just as I said"??? Really? Cause I don't see a "Road to Del City", I see a "Del City Road", which is the same road I saw before, and which you never mentioned?

Please tell me which of the below quotes mentions anything about a road from Dog Canyon to Del City, OR a road called "Road to Del City"?

Go into Dog Canyon Trail takes off drops off mountain comes out 30 miles Del City

I had two friends that did it on KLR 650s They had to work at it been several yeats ago

Noe the ride all the back into Dog Canyon is worth the trip up there
Make sure to Fill your tanks with gas
Not much info But maps show trail and Forest Ranger lives back in National Park
He can give more info

OK You Must be an Expert on All Things so
Believe what you want

Oh and one more thing
I dont like your tone
So I hope our trails dont cross

its not in park you turn west several miles befoe you get to park

OK,I am guilty of Very Bad grammar
And
Since I was not on the trail myself I ishoud not of
mentioned it in the first place
It was there at one time
It may be closed now
Sorry for causing such an Uproar:giveup:

I don't see any evidence that even a single person didn't believe you, only that you you went off about people's tone, and how they must be an expert and you hope your paths don't cross. It's been a while since I've seen somebody look that hard for an argument. Well done.

Last edited:

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More importantly, the rest of us know the best format to pass info along.

"Go to Sugar Mill Road goes left has stripes ends 20 miles Houston."

I don't see how it could be any clearer.:rofl:

You still never clarified if the trail is 30 miles long or if it comes out 30 miles from Del City. And I think most of us found the road you're talking about already several months ago. We tried to determine if that was what you were talking about or if there was a trail that came off that road, etc. You weren't interested in answering any questions, only in getting offended.

Excuse me
29.7 miles
Than look for a town between you
and El Paso
When you see it
You have arrived:rofl:

So is it is a 29.7 mile trail or is it a trail that comes out onto the highway 29.7 miles from Del City? You may recall this same question earlier with 30 in the place of 29.7. If you clarify that it is actually 29.3 miles, the follow up question will be:

So is it is a 29.3 mile trail or is it a trail that comes out onto the highway 29.3 miles from Del City?

Sorry to have such an attitude, but it's like you're doing you're best NOT to get your point across.

'Cuse my while I kiss the sky.

For some reason I feel like I am reading song lyrics.

Somone go ride this. If you live, don't get arrested, and make it to Dell City then post it up here and tell us all about it. Oh, and take a GPS that records tracks.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ8GDBA8Is"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ8GDBA8Is[/ame]

:eek2:OK
Let me Clarify all this
I called a Friend of mine and he ask a Friend His IF
He could shed some light on this mystery
He said he would call his cousin who is a Well Known Know It All
and he would let us know next week

I think the white track in this file is the one you are fussing over. :biggun: :giveup:

Did it in 3/6/2010.

:shrug:

Attachments

• VanHornCarlsbad.gpx
    1.3 MB · Views: 414
I think the white track in this file is the one you are fussing over.

Did it in 3/6/2010.

So Chris did your cousin call you? If so you're a week early. haha

I can only imagine where this thread would be by now if it was posted on Advrider or motohouston.com :eek2:

_

:eek2:OK
Let me Clarify all this
I called a Friend of mine ...

The NPS is good about returning emails. They should reply this afternoon or tomorrow. If there is a legal ride from Dog Canyon to Del City they'll confirm it.

I can only imagine where this thread would be by now if it was posted on Advrider or motohouston.com :eek2: _

Remember USENET? Man, that place could get brutal.

Thanks! Yes, you may enjoy that big girl a lot. When the wife rode with me, we sure did. :thumb:

My Wife and I went to GWRRA Rally in Shawnee OK 27 Sept 14 and did some trading and rode it home, i want to go on ride over to Az debating whether to ride the Vee or GL
:rider:

:clap:talked to my friend that went on road 55 miles from turn off to Del City:clap:
and Yes it is legal

Yup, adding 25.3 miles to the route sure clears it up.

Say, I have a ride near me that is outstanding. 54 miles, turn right, Rio Grande Village. But my favorite is 26.3 miles, left turn, left turn, Panther Junction.
:thumb:

Little Ed
Sorry you could not Understand my Directions
Next time you can just follow me Or you can ride ***** with me
:lol2:

Back